Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opening Bridge Bug  (Read 2367 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Opening Bridge Bug
« on: May 21, 2007, 07:32:56 pm »

Before I installed CS3 and its version of Bridge, there was never a problem getting Bridge to open. Like any other program, one clicked on its icon in the Quick Launch toolbar (WINEXP PRO SP2) and it opened. Now there is new risk, which has happened to me several times already. I open the new Bridge to use a feature or two the old one doesn't have. In this case I wanted to compare several images and change the labelling. I did it in new Bridge, shut it, and when I came back to reopen Bridge, neither the CS3 nor the CS2 versions would open. As happened before, I re-started my computer and then got into Bridge CS2. Once there, I saw that the labelling changes I made in CS3 Bridge had not conveyed to Bridge CS2, so I needed to repeat the same work again. On other occasions these kind of changes do convey between the two versions of Bridge. I expect they should, because the files and the side-cars are in the same folder whether accessed from the one version of Bridge or the other. Strange, inconsistent behaviour. Something must be causing this to happen on some occasions but not others. But I have no idea what it is. I wonder whether Adobe does - by now.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
Opening Bridge Bug
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 09:47:54 pm »

I actually have not been able to launch Bridge since about three days of running perfectly after originally installing CS3 shortly after release. I have done numerous reinstalls including the deep cleaning reinstall to no avail. I have sent info requests to Adobe and get no advice but to reinstall. Nothing more. I gave up and am waiting for Adobe to release some fixes. This is an absurd business practice. It is the equivilent of me delivering files to my clients that will not open and then ignoring their requests for new files, but instead keep telling them to simply keep trying to open the originaql ones.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 09:48:39 pm by Kirk Gittings »
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Opening Bridge Bug
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 10:16:50 pm »

I've done a search in the Adobe Forums on this issue, and it seems that neither other users nor Adobe know how to resolve this problem generically:

Adobe Forums Bridge Not Opening.

There are slews of other kinds of complaints about Bridge as well. This is in the Forum for Windows users. I have not checked the Forum for Mac because I use Windows.

It would appear that this is another part of the CS system that perhaps was not sufficiently proofed under a wide enough spectrum of operating conditions to validate a commercial release of the product. Same for the print module in Photoshop CS3 - remains my primary impression of the matter regardless of all that was written about this in another Forum on this site. One begins to wonder about the integrity of commercial policy at Adobe, especially in light of the numerous complaints about technical support that users have reported. One begins to wonder whether products are being released when they are truly ready, or when Adobe thinks it needs cash flow from up-grade sales to finance expansion, acquisitions and shareholder returns.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up