Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Starwheel marks using HP z3100  (Read 2780 times)

alex.thiery@hotmail.com

• http://
Starwheel marks using HP z3100
« on: May 21, 2007, 02:17:15 am »

I'm getting starwheel marks on HP premium Glossy and HP prenium satin and also on HP satin canvas.

I contacted Hp support and they replaced the starweel asbly twice but the problem still remains.

Hp is now responing that this is not a support problem it is a contsruction issue so they will not do annything more about it.

Is there anny one else with the same problems? and have any clues on how to solvw it?.

Panascape

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 05:40:49 am »

Alex, this sort of respons has cropped up a few times from first line support and the people in Spain usually take a very different view.

Please email me the name of the person who told you that HP will not do anything more about it and I will forward this to the right people.

Robert

alindley

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 06:07:51 pm »

I'm getting starwheel marks on HP premium Glossy and HP prenium satin and also on HP satin canvas.

I contacted Hp support and they replaced the starweel asbly twice but the problem still remains.

Hp is now responing that this is not a support problem it is a contsruction issue so they will not do annything more about it.

Is there anny one else with the same problems? and have any clues on how to solvw it?.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118788\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Can you also list the part num,bers of the Hp Premium Satin and Gloss medias that you are using?  With the new pigment based inks it is extremely important the media is correct.  If you are using an older swellable media the star wheel marks will show for sure.

cnibley

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 02:06:31 am »

Can you also list the part num,bers of the Hp Premium Satin and Gloss medias that you are using?  With the new pigment based inks it is extremely important the media is correct.  If you are using an older swellable media the star wheel marks will show for sure.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118902\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I had an HP 130Nr which also created star wheel marks on glossy papers. HP was great fedexing me 2 new printers, but both of which had the same problems. HP said "it was within acceptable range" (not for me!). I went to luster paper for a while, then sold the thing.

alex.thiery@hotmail.com

• http://
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 02:54:53 pm »

Can you also list the part num,bers of the Hp Premium Satin and Gloss medias that you are using?  With the new pigment based inks it is extremely important the media is correct.  If you are using an older swellable media the star wheel marks will show for sure.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118902\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
the numbers are Q8001a,Q7990a,Q8708
Pages: [1]   Go Up