Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printed First Photos on Gloss...Wow!  (Read 2572 times)

Roscolo

Printed First Photos on Gloss...Wow!
« on: May 19, 2007, 07:06:02 pm »

OK...sorry if this thread is a waste of space, but I'm in disbelief.

I had a big order of paintings to do, so I've only used the z3100 so far to print some paintings on matte paper.

Printed a friend's nature photos on glossy paper and was really impressed with the results. Decided to give the z3100 a test. I have a file of a photo made by a friend of mine (on film) where he used a long exposure at night. If you've done or seen this, you know the sky (and other areas) usually produces as gradated shades of blue. On my Epson, I was never able to get a satisfactory print of this file, as the gradated shades of blue resulted in banding.

I did not expect this to change much on the z3100.

All I can say is "Wow!" The print appears to be just about perfect continuous tone and perfectly matches the image on the monitor. I am in awe!

I still use my B&W darkroom regularly and I can't wait to see some of those results.

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 07:25:28 pm »

Welcome to the photographers dream machine!

Jim
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 07:26:35 pm by Jim Cole »
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

Darrill

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 10:09:05 pm »

I have been pleased with my results on matte paper but no wow on gloss yet. I have tried MOAB Kokopelli Gloss and Satin as well as the included HP paper.

What paper are you using? Have you created the profile or are you using a supplied profile?

Thanks for the info.

Darrill

Roscolo

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 03:04:30 am »

I have been pleased with my results on matte paper but no wow on gloss yet. I have tried MOAB Kokopelli Gloss and Satin as well as the included HP paper.

What paper are you using? Have you created the profile or are you using a supplied profile?

Thanks for the info.

Darrill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118643\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've only done a few prints on gloss. The paper I used is a sample roll of Kodak Premium Rapid Dry Photographic Glossy Paper.

The profile was created by the z3100. This is the only glossy paper I have used so far.
Pages: [1]   Go Up