Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahnemuhle A3 Load Problem With R2400  (Read 3957 times)

NBP

• http://
Hahnemuhle A3 Load Problem With R2400
« on: May 19, 2007, 09:56:47 am »

Can someone please help me before I commit GBH on my R2400!

I am attempting to print on A3 Hahnemuhle Fine Art Pearl 285g. All print settings are fine (it's set to Matte Heavyweight) and I have the A3 heavyweight feed attachment on the R2400.

I hit go, and it tries to take the paper then rejects it and I get a load error box on the screen.

I've treid switching it off & re starting the printer etc, etc,  and it's still doing it & i"m starting to get a little bit f**ked off now to be honest.

Any ideas of hints would be much appriciated.

pixel wrangler

• http://www.homepage.mac.com/fastpics
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 06:35:03 pm »

Greetings from Philly!

I had a similar problem with my R1800 when making about thirty prints using Hahnemühle's Photo Rag Bright White paper. Turns out the roller which grabs the sheet to feed it into the printer had collected some dust, and couldn't get a good grip on the paper. In addition to dust in the air I think some of the surface of the paper transferred from the front of one sheet to the back of another and then to the roller as well. (think i've been watching too much CSI.)

Anyway, I fixed the problem by just rubbing the roller with a clean fingertip while pressing the paper feed button (no paper of course,) several times, then I fed a sheet of glossy paper through several times. The glossy is a little "stickier" and picked up more of dust from the roller.

Don't know about your printer but my R1800 is pretty finicky when to comes to feeding paper.  Haven't had a problem since, though.

Hope this helps,

ron
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 06:35:48 pm by pixel wrangler »

Shutterbug2006

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 07:00:47 pm »

Turns out the roller which grabs the sheet to feed it into the printer had collected some dust, and couldn't get a good grip on the paper. In addition to dust in the air I think some of the surface of the paper transferred from the front of one sheet to the back of another and then to the roller as well. (think i've been watching too much CSI.)

Anyway, I fixed the problem by just rubbing the roller with a clean fingertip while pressing the paper feed button (no paper of course,) several times, then I fed a sheet of glossy paper through several times. The glossy is a little "stickier" and picked up more of dust from the roller.

You should clean rollers on a regular basis as a matter of course. You should be able to go to any Drug store and pick up some 99% rubbing alcohol and some Q-tips. Just moisten the Q-tip and rub the roller the whole length, and turn the roller slightly so you can complete the job all the way around. Throw out the Q-tip after use and use a new clean one the next time you do this. It is a somewhat common problem on printers for the rollers to pick up contaminants (dust) which can affect their ability to pick up and feed paper.

pixel wrangler

• http://www.homepage.mac.com/fastpics
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 08:37:59 pm »

Normally I agree with the periodic cotton swab cleaning technique.

But on the R1800 and the particular roller (it's really more of a roller against another cam-like roller which effectively gently pinch the paper as it feeds,) I was concerned with the cotton swab getting caught between the rollers, pulling off fibers and creating a bigger mess than the initial one.  

Just a caution to all us DIY'ers.

ciao,

ron
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 08:38:25 pm by pixel wrangler »

thewanderer

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 01:47:52 am »

i  have used the hahmunule (sp) stock that looks like watercolor paper on the r220, and had similar problem, in side the box, there is a sheet that says occasionaly paper wont go,, and recommends running a few sheets of regular paper throught hte machine to clean the rollers,, dont know if it applies to your printer, but it help alleviate the mss feeds on teh smaller unit,

NBP

• http://
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 05:44:46 am »

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I didn't think of the rollers tbh, as the printer is only 2 months old and hasn't had that much through it yet.

I gave them a good wipe with a sensor swab (not bits of cotton to worry about!)  & some 96% ethanol that I use for my MFDB.

Seems to have done the trick and I'm now looking at a beautiful print.  

Another fine example of these forums solving a simple problem.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up