Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library "find" questions  (Read 2026 times)

sharadm

Library "find" questions
« on: May 18, 2007, 03:53:09 am »

I'm an amateur (advanced I guess :-)) and just started using Lightroom. I had a couple of questions on using the find/filter effectively.

1) I use hierarchical keywords extensively for my photos, but I could not find any way to do an AND operation using keywords - i.e if I want to find the set of photos that has keyword A AND keyword B. I can easily do an OR by highlighting multiple keywords, but how do I do an AND?

2) I tried using the text search in the FIND panel on EXIF but it doesn't seem to be working as I expected. I was hoping to be able to use it to do things like "find photos that are ISO 800" (since there doesn't seem to be any other obvious way to do it) - but I consistently get zero results from an open ended "contains" search even if I run it on "all text fields" for a simple string like "800". Is there something obvious that I am missing? I can clearly see ISO 800 in the exif for lots of photographs ...

I looked through the help & the adobe user forums but couldn't find any obvious answers - hopefully someone here can help me out!

francois

Library "find" questions
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 02:58:46 am »

I'm an amateur (advanced I guess :-)) and just started using Lightroom. I had a couple of questions on using the find/filter effectively.

1) I use hierarchical keywords extensively for my photos, but I could not find any way to do an AND operation using keywords - i.e if I want to find the set of photos that has keyword A AND keyword B. I can easily do an OR by highlighting multiple keywords, but how do I do an AND?

2) I tried using the text search in the FIND panel on EXIF but it doesn't seem to be working as I expected. I was hoping to be able to use it to do things like "find photos that are ISO 800" (since there doesn't seem to be any other obvious way to do it) - but I consistently get zero results from an open ended "contains" search even if I run it on "all text fields" for a simple string like "800". Is there something obvious that I am missing? I can clearly see ISO 800 in the exif for lots of photographs ...

I looked through the help & the adobe user forums but couldn't find any obvious answers - hopefully someone here can help me out!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118347\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Use , to search for multiple keywords. Ex: looking for Dog AND London  > enter Dog, London in the search field.

Searching EXIF seems broken at the moment. :-(
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up