Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: phase files with LR problem  (Read 14486 times)

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
phase files with LR problem
« on: May 17, 2007, 11:23:03 pm »

i am getting a line right trough the middle of my P30 files when i look at them in LR....it almost looks like ther are two halves of the image and they were put together in every so slightly exposures....there is no line when i switch to C1....i am using LR, i have the adobe suite (including CS3) installed...CR 4.01....i think that is when the problems started....adobe officially does not support phase files, so no help from there....

i was wondering if anyone has the same problem....i will wipe my drive clean and re-install everything to get back to camera raw 4.00...hopefully this will solve the problem.....i have been talking to cliff at samy's about this and he does not have an answer either....

so if anyone has any problems or does not have any, please let us know....i will check if going back fixes the problem...maybe CR can get corrupted?

James Russell

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 12:56:58 am »

i was wondering if anyone has the same problem....i will wipe my drive clean and re-install everything to get back to camera raw 4.00...hopefully this will solve the problem.....i have been talking to cliff at samy's about this and he does not have an answer either....

so if anyone has any problems or does not have any, please let us know....i will check if going back fixes the problem...maybe CR can get corrupted?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118305\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Paul,

No line through my P-30 or P-30+ files in lightroom, though I do not use CS3.

JR

RicAgu

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 01:03:53 am »

James,

So you got your P30+ in?  Have you been able to test in at 400 and 80 and see what it is like?  if so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks,

RA

pss

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 01:35:34 am »

Paul,

No line through my P-30 or P-30+ files in lightroom, though I do not use CS3.

JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=0\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

what version of camera raw are you using? i am starting to think that 4.01 might corrupt phase files in some way....you got your P30+? how does it compare? do the P30+ files open in LR?

James Russell

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 02:06:44 am »

James,

So you got your P30+ in?  Have you been able to test in at 400 and 80 and see what it is like?  if so, what are your thoughts?
Thanks,

RA
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118321\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just Brieflfy tested it today so no exact thoughts, though the lcd is improved and brighter, and it looks like everything is a full F-stop better, which is pretty amazing as I thought 800 on the p-30 was pretty actually useable, so now it's more than useable.

Overall, typical Phase as it seems as promised and rock solid.

JR

ternst

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 06:50:49 am »

James:

You are able to open your plus files in Lightroom - I thought they were not supported in Lightroom yet?

CliffSamys

• http://samys.com
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 12:03:02 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118305\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hey paul.

I see the line on my machine using ACR 3.7, so I really don't think downgrading to 4.0 will help. I will let ya know whatever I hear.

-c

p.s. Expect a call next week...
Cliff
Samy's Camera, Pro Digital Mana

pss

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 01:04:23 pm »

Hey paul.

I see the line on my machine using ACR 3.7, so I really don't think downgrading to 4.0 will help. I will let ya know whatever I hear.

-c

p.s. Expect a call next week...

did a complete re-install of system, LR and the adobe suite.....the line is still there in LR and CR......not in C1.....not sure i understand.....looking over older files which do not show the line in LR or C1.....

trying to isolate the problem, but i am lost....

CliffSamys

• http://samys.com
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 01:12:46 pm »

Can you open your tethered files in LR? Is the line there on tethered files?
Cliff
Samy's Camera, Pro Digital Mana

Jae_Moon

• http://
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 01:25:48 pm »

did a complete re-install of system, LR and the adobe suite.....the line is still there in LR and CR......not in C1.....not sure i understand.....looking over older files which do not show the line in LR or C1.....

trying to isolate the problem, but i am lost....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118554\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I reported earlier in this forum about seeing a center line (or two images panels joining) from P45 and LR, but not in C1.

It is my conclusion, no one from Phase One or my dealer will agree or disagree, that all image sensors have this problem in different degree. Phase One handles this much better than other with their C1 and the individual image sensor calibration file done in factory. I don't think the raw file converters from Adobe (both LR ad ACR) has access to this information.

Phase One, according to my dealer, delivers a total solution; DB with C1. Therefore, if you see a line with other software, they will not even talk to you. If you see a line with C1, they will take care of it. At least one P45 user emailed me (after he saw my thread from this forum)  that he saw line with C1, and Phase One replaced it immediately and he did not have problems so far.

I believe when Adobe officially supports Phase One DB, they will have access to the know how of using 'sensor calibration file.'

Again, this is my personal conclusion.

Jae Moon

pss

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 02:36:04 pm »

I reported earlier in this forum about seeing a center line (or two images panels joining) from P45 and LR, but not in C1.

It is my conclusion, no one from Phase One or my dealer will agree or disagree, that all image sensors have this problem in different degree. Phase One handles this much better than other with their C1 and the individual image sensor calibration file done in factory. I don't think the raw file converters from Adobe (both LR ad ACR) has access to this information.

Phase One, according to my dealer, delivers a total solution; DB with C1. Therefore, if you see a line with other software, they will not even talk to you. If you see a line with C1, they will take care of it. At least one P45 user emailed me (after he saw my thread from this forum)  that he saw line with C1, and Phase One replaced it immediately and he did not have problems so far.

I believe when Adobe officially supports Phase One DB, they will have access to the know how of using 'sensor calibration file.'

Again, this is my personal conclusion.

Jae Moon

this makes a lot of sense to me.....that phase calibrates the backs and C1 can work with that info and makes "adjustments"....what i don't understand is how that calibration can "change/drift" over time? why are my files from 4 weeks ago fine in LR and later ones aren't?
i really hope that phase and adobe will talk and adobe can finally officially support phase files.....

pss

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2007, 03:17:32 pm »

Can you open your tethered files in LR? Is the line there on tethered files?

just did a quick test tethered....the line is there in LR, barely, barely visible at 100 (i think this depends on the tones in the image, how much it is actually visible....) very visible (obvious) at 800.....this is both tethered, i shoot them into C1 and have the autofolder feature import them into LR.....C1 does not show any lines with either file........

shot the same scene to CF card....exactly the same thing....

does LR misread my back calibration? is this info not passed on to LR at all? the back is obviously calibrated to work fine with C1.....this is all very strange and annoying.....now that i am hooked on LR this happens....i guess having my back re-calibrated would not really do any good? because LR still can't read it anyway?

Jae_Moon

• http://
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2007, 04:01:39 pm »

this makes a lot of sense to me.....that phase calibrates the backs and C1 can work with that info and makes "adjustments"....what i don't understand is how that calibration can "change/drift" over time? why are my files from 4 weeks ago fine in LR and later ones aren't?
i really hope that phase and adobe will talk and adobe can finally officially support phase files.....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118568\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you mean the same files behave differently now from four weeks ago, or the new files show line now? Not all my images from P45 show line, maybe 1 out of 10. It depends on camera settings and subject matters. I use my P45 with H2 (55-110mm) and Arca-Swiss 6x9 (35, 47, 90 and 210mm), and both creates the lines sometimes. I do not use LR for raw file processing since I need C1 for color cast correction most of times with 35 and 47mm in A-S setup.

Jae Moon
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 04:02:52 pm by Jae_Moon »

pss

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2007, 07:39:27 pm »

posted on the adobe forum and just emailed a raw file to thomas knoll himself....we will see what he thinks....amazing that the guy reads the forum on a saturday afternoon....
Pages: [1]   Go Up