Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How the Z3100 paper management REALLY works  (Read 1891 times)

jhein

How the Z3100 paper management REALLY works
« on: May 17, 2007, 11:30:38 am »

To all:
It seems we Z3100 owners can't get enough technical info on our printers.  Attached is a technical white paper from the 2006 HP Developers Conference.   I got this PDF from the public download site off of the HP Developers Portal.  The link is:

http://new.hpdevelopersolutions.com/SPP/Pu...icDownload.aspx
choose Designjet and then expand all.
Next choose 2006 Developers Conference (not the Fall 2006)
finally choose the Media Managemet SDK

Pay close attention to pages 10 and 11.  It is like a Rosetta Stone on how the Z3100 handles different media.  This info is similar to the tech paper that came out a month or so ago, but appears to be more detailed.

hope this helps
Jim

rdonson

How the Z3100 paper management REALLY works
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 12:34:22 pm »

To all:
It seems we Z3100 owners can't get enough technical info on our printers.  Attached is a technical white paper from the 2006 HP Developers Conference.   I got this PDF from the public download site off of the HP Developers Portal.  The link is:

http://new.hpdevelopersolutions.com/SPP/Pu...icDownload.aspx
choose Designjet and then expand all.
Next choose 2006 Developers Conference (not the Fall 2006)
finally choose the Media Managemet SDK

Pay close attention to pages 10 and 11.  It is like a Rosetta Stone on how the Z3100 handles different media.  This info is similar to the tech paper that came out a month or so ago, but appears to be more detailed.
hope this helps
Jim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=118203\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks a bunch, Jim.  I found all the PDFs on the Z very interesting.  I never would have guessed that the printer would be engineered to use SNMP.

These docs bode well for some very nice ISV products in the future.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up