Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Print Paper  (Read 1781 times)

glenn_matchett

Best Print Paper
« on: May 16, 2007, 04:18:45 am »

Hello everyone - I am interested to know what type of paper most of you use on this forum - I am sending my images away to be printed at the moment, but I think the paper is a standard, are there any very high quality papers and printers that I should use if I want to have one of my images printed to go into a gallery, I was hoping that I could possibly get a professional print on something like silver photographic paper do any of you know if this can be done.

If it can not if any of you could give me recommendations on what will be a nice paper to print on tot hen your help will be much appreciated, for both Black and white work and colour.

Regards
Glenn
London

Geoff Wittig

Best Print Paper
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:33:13 am »

As you'll see if you check out posts on this forum, there is a wide variety of paper types and surfaces available for inkjet printing. There are also widely varying opinions on what works best, often depending on your personal taste or the character of your images.
That said, I have generally preferred matte cotton rag fine art papers with matte black ink for large color prints from my Epson 7600. Somerset Velvet has a beautiful surface texture and a good Dmax (for matte paper). Epson Ultrasmooth fine art paper is a bit warmer in color and has a lush smooth surface, and is my favorite for long panoramics due to a very good gamut. I also like Hahnemuhle Photo rag for 24x36" prints; less texture than Somerset velvet but more than the Ultrasmooth, and fairly neutral color. Photo rag also works well for black & white prints using Roy Harrington's Quadtone RIP.

Most of my black & white photos need a deeper black than matte papers can deliver, so I've been printing them on an Epson 2400 using Epson's premium luster paper. I've also tried Crane's silver rag and Hahnemuhle's fine art pearl. I'm not sure which one I like best; the surfaces are more similar than they are different. Silver rag works better with warmer toned images, fine art pearl for cooler toned. Just my opinion; YMMV.

paperman

• http://www.on-linepaper.co.uk
Best Print Paper
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 03:05:25 pm »

Hello everyone - I am interested to know what type of paper most of you use on this forum - I am sending my images away to be printed at the moment, but I think the paper is a standard, are there any very high quality papers and printers that I should use if I want to have one of my images printed to go into a gallery, I was hoping that I could possibly get a professional print on something like silver photographic paper do any of you know if this can be done.

If it can not if any of you could give me recommendations on what will be a nice paper to print on tot hen your help will be much appreciated, for both Black and white work and colour.

Regards
Glenn
London
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117824\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up