Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another annoying change in PSCS3  (Read 9091 times)

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Another annoying change in PSCS3
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 02:07:46 pm »

I totally agree, Mark.  I'm surprised that Jeff hasn't jumped in here to explain.  Guess he's too busy *riding*   Lucky dog. 

Another annoyance I've noticed and I'm not sure if it's me or PSCS3, but I no longer seem to be able to use the arrow keys to "nudge" curve nodes in Curves.  I miss this function.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119021\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually Jeff is here in Toronto producing a video with Michael. You may have seen his call for comments about the menu of items they intend to have completed filming by this evening. I wouldn't be surprised if they are working very long hours to accomplish all this; it is great that he issued this canvass for what people would like to see covered, and I hope it works out well. But I fully expect he will be back here in full form on short order. It could be interesting!

I just double-checked to make sure I wasn't in the wrong program, but no, it's fine, I'm in CS3 (Windows), and I have absolutely no problem using the arrows to nudge the Curve nodes. It could be that you are suffering from a case of keyboard lockout. I don't know if you are using a Dell computer, but we used to call this "Dell Disease". Actually, this is one illness that has been largely eradicated over successive generations of models, but periodically it surfaces, and you don't notice it unless you go to use the keyboard. Interestingly it can affect some functions and not others. Try unplugging, waiting a moment, then replugging-in the keyboard. If it still does not perform these functions, then do a re-start and see whether you are in business. I hope you are, because if not, I have no further ideas to help you! (Maybe others do.)
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Kenneth Sky

• http://
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 06:07:55 pm »

I may be off-topic but I don't know where to insert this. According to a member of the Yahoo HP B9180 users forum, HP has decided in consultation with Adobe not to create a plug-in for CS 3 (at least for Mac) as the print functions in CS 3 do almost all the same things. So perhaps credit is due to Adobe for one less annoyance.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 06:17:23 pm »

I may be off-topic but I don't know where to insert this. According to a member of the Yahoo HP B9180 users forum, HP has decided in consultation with Adobe not to create a plug-in for CS 3 (at least for Mac) as the print functions in CS 3 do almost all the same things. So perhaps credit is due to Adobe for one less annoyance.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=119063\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I still haven't found it as convenient as the plugin.  (I just use Qimage these days.)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up