Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Think Tank Photo customer service  (Read 5319 times)

X-Re

Think Tank Photo customer service
« on: May 14, 2007, 12:16:06 pm »

I ordered an Airport Acceleration backpack, and a Big Bazooka tripod case from Think Tank. Their website claims that these two items play well together - that you can attach the tripod case to the backpack. Well, in practice, it doesn't work out that way - the tripod straps included with the backpack simply aren't long enough to get around the tripod case.

I called Think Tank on Friday to ask them about it - and to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. After confirming that I was indeed doing everything correctly, the gent on the phone offered to have custom extension straps made up for me, at no charge.

That's good customer service!

The Big Bazooka (and the Humongous Bazooka) are new products for them - its maybe a little bit surprising that they hadn't figured out that they needed longer straps, but... be aware that if you order one of those cases, and want to use it with their backpacks, you'll want to ask for extension straps, too!!!
Dave Re
dave@daverephoto.com website: [u

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 01:04:23 pm »

Good to know. I don't own any of their products (yet) but saw Michael and Chris with a rolling case for our Amazon trip that looked like my next purchase. Really nice design and build. I liked the little pocket with chain so you can secure the case if you have to go somewhere (like the bathroom in the airport).
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

jeremyrh

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 02:13:32 pm »

That's good customer service!

TTP are known for their top customer service - in fact the only thing better than their customer service is their products!!

X-Re

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 02:54:17 pm »

I'm real happy w/ the AA backpack, so far. I haven't had to tote it anywhere, yet (having just gotten it in), but it seems to be built solid, and it'll hold a bunch of stuff. Its essentially the Airport International w/o the "rolling case" stuff (wheels, handle, security cable) - and hence is something like 4 pounds lighter.

I'd outgrown the Lowepro Mini Trekker I had (which was packed to the gills). I've been working out a packing arrangement for an upcoming trip to Yellowstone, and I added another lens, a small video camera, a Kodak Stereo Realist camera w/ film, a Sekonic light meter, and some RRS pano gear, and I've still got room for the 15mm fish, 1DMkIII (if I get it in time) + charger and extra batteries, and then maybe even a little more.... The only question will be if I can actually carry that much weight...

I have a Speed Racer belt pack, as well, that will serve as my main hiking bag, so I won't be carrying all of that around all the time, of course...
Dave Re

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 06:44:20 pm »

Think Tank makes nothing but the best gear and has the best people to stand behind their products!

I have been using their belt system for some time now. And I have just added the Big Bazooka for my tripod, the Urban Disguise 50 and also the Airport International rolling bag. I even have two camera straps from them for my Canons and they actually stay on my shoulder!

I can't say enough good things about Think Tank!
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

macgyver

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 07:03:29 pm »

Ditto here.  Gotta love a company that's staffed by actual photogs.

Dominus

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 12:07:22 am »

Think Tank makes nothing but the best gear and has the best people to stand behind their products!

I have been using their belt system for some time now. And I have just added the Big Bazooka for my tripod, the Urban Disguise 50 and also the Airport International rolling bag. I even have two camera straps from them for my Canons and they actually stay on my shoulder!

I can't say enough good things about Think Tank!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117558\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm thinking about going for Airport International roller but I still fail to see how the Big Bazooka can be attached to the roller. If you do travel internationally you know how difficult some airlines can be when it comes to carry on items. How do you carry your gear when travel internationally? I'm just curious and I've read a lot of different things and I haven't found a solution that I really like. But I've liked the belt system from Think Tank so far.

X-Re

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 12:55:10 am »

I'm thinking about going for Airport International roller but I still fail to see how the Big Bazooka can be attached to the roller.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117611\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The only roller they have listed on the Big Bazooka product page is the Airport Security... I'd take that to mean that you can't...
Dave Re

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 03:31:13 am »

The only roller they have listed on the Big Bazooka product page is the Airport Security... I'd take that to mean that you can't...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117619\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I only take the Airport International and Urban Disguise 50 on board. Everything else gets checked including the tripod. So I really was not considering if the Big Bazooka attaches to what roller. Sorry...

But just send Think Tank an e-mail and they will get back to you if you want to ask them about it.
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

RicAgu

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 01:18:10 pm »

Spectacular company!

I own their Airport Security with the first Bazooka they made as well as a chimp cage the strap to the outside of the AS.  I have mine packed to the gills and strap the bazooka to the side and the other side has a chimp cage with pocket wizards.

I have travelled on Air France, British Airways, Virgiin, Continental, Delta, JetBlue and Air India with no problems.  It fits perfectly in an overhead either verticaly or horizontally. It does not fit in the cage that is suppose to be the stencil but it is the exact size of the stencil.

I sometimes have to debate with the gate agent about the weight or the size.  But as soon as I open it and show them what is inside they are very understanding and let me bring it in.  I always carry on one Airport Security, One Bazooka and one LowePro EX1200 and check or ship lighting and clothing.

I have even taken a puddle jumper recently with the AS, Bazooka and EX1200 and the concern was the weight not the size.

X-Re

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 11:30:25 pm »

Got the extension straps today. Exactly what I needed

Thanks, Think Tank Photo!!!
Dave Re
Pages: [1]   Go Up