Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where to stay around Yosemite  (Read 16540 times)

qball

Where to stay around Yosemite
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2007, 07:38:19 am »

In September I am able to spend a few days in California (I'm UK based) with some friends and intend to visit Yosemite. Does anyone have experience/suggestions as to where to stay that's not too far out and isn't overly expensive?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117430\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I have stayed at The Mariposa Lodge in Mariposa, I found them on the web_ I was there in march 02 and wrote in diary that it was fine clean rooms, coffee fridge, multi channel tv_and not far from the park.

dprimm

Where to stay around Yosemite
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 11:34:26 pm »

Bumping this thread back up, as I am trying to plan a trip to the park in June.  I know -- heck of a time to be planning such a trip.  I would be very happy with a tent and a small place to get horizontal.  Since the Valley itself will be nearly impossible to get into a first-come/first-serve campground (reservations of course are gone) I'm looking for alternatives.  The more I read, the more confused I get.  

If staying at White Wolf, Yosemite Creek, or Porcupine Flat, is reaching the Valley an issue?  

My main goal is wildlife viewing.  Bears and wolfs, with some Eagles thrown in.  Of course, the waterfalls, and other 'must see' sights.  

Suggestions are highly appreciated.  I like the look of the Condos mentioned earlier.  Have an email in about availability.  Or better to camp outside the park and then take shuttles in/out?  

Mind is spinning...

Thanks
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up