Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First import- two quickie questions  (Read 2199 times)

kevs

First import- two quickie questions
« on: May 13, 2007, 01:28:09 pm »

Just did first import, a-0k. Two quickie quesitons.

I did  new metadata template for copyright. went ok, but notice, when open images in PS the COPYRIGHT STATUS -- is still UNKOWN.  don't like that. any ideas on that? thanks. also is way to edit your templates? don't see an edit button.

also, curious, I used to check in bridge "preserve current filename in xmp metadata"
but now that i'm doing mostly instant conversions to DNG, maybe don't really need that anymore. right? don't see any need now to match up in future that an images correspnds to the CR2 version called IMG446-CR2.

Still, what is weird while reapeated testing off same card, is that during test, LR would say, "these 5 are already in your library, and would list the 5 test images, not as the new text name I just made, but as the cameras original name.
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

Wolf Eilers

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 08:04:40 pm »

I did  new metadata template for copyright. went ok, but notice, when open images in PS the COPYRIGHT STATUS -- is still UNKOWN.  don't like that. any ideas on that? thanks. also is way to edit your templates? don't see an edit button.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117314\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The omission of the copyright status setting by Lr has been mentioned in various forums. At the moment you will have to set it using Photoshop. (Not sure if the new Bridge CS3 can do it.)

To edit templates -- in the Import Photos dialog click the Template drop down arrow and choose Edit ...

also, curious, I used to check in bridge "preserve current filename in xmp metadata"

This is a great Bridge feature and would be equally useful in Lr.

seanmcfoto

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 08:07:15 pm »

Wolf is correct on the Copyright Status. The team listen well and aware of this request. Hopefully it will make a future version.
Sean McCormack
[url=http://lightroom.sea

kevs

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 10:12:59 pm »

While they are working on that, let them know, the program is also just a but too cramped to use on one monitor.
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s
Pages: [1]   Go Up