Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matte Paper for 3800  (Read 2065 times)

jjlphoto

Matte Paper for 3800
« on: May 12, 2007, 02:01:50 pm »

When I using the 1280 printer, I used Epson Matte Paper Heavy Weight quite a bit. It was a very low cost paper that everyone liked.

Now that I have the 3800, it seems that paper is not compatible with Epson K3 inks. I'd like to find a new low cost matte paper. The Epson Archival Matte is yellower looking, and it does not seem to have a very good reputation. Any favorites out there?
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

picnic

Matte Paper for 3800
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 03:31:24 pm »

When I using the 1280 printer, I used Epson Matte Paper Heavy Weight quite a bit. It was a very low cost paper that everyone liked.

Now that I have the 3800, it seems that paper is not compatible with Epson K3 inks. I'd like to find a new low cost matte paper. The Epson Archival Matte is yellower looking, and it does not seem to have a very good reputation. Any favorites out there?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117150\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The easiest way to find 'your' paper is to do some sampling.  Almost all the paper mfg. have sample packs--Red River, ShadesofPaper for Innova, Hahnemuhle, etc., Ink Jet Art for their own and known mfgs., Moab, Hawks Mt., etc.  After doing a huge amount of sampling, I chose Hawks Mt. Condor Bright White (had a hard time deciding between that and the non OBA natural).  It comes in 17 x 25 and other sizes.  

Red River, Ink Jet Art and Hawks Mt. all have very nice less expensive mattes--I'd start there first I think---and 'generic' 3800 profiles for the papers but of course you can have a profile created for your paper/printer.

Diane
Pages: [1]   Go Up