Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson ink lights and ink level indicators  (Read 3017 times)

blaze831

Epson ink lights and ink level indicators
« on: May 11, 2007, 06:48:01 pm »

I seem to have two problems (or they may be connected into one problem). One, my ink level indicators in the Epson printing software do not seem to be working, because when I put in a new cartridge, the ink level indicator does not show that color ink as full.  Two, I don't believe the LED ink lights on my Epson 2200.  One lit up, so I changed the cartridge. It went through its new cartridge warmup, and then the LED on the next color over started blinking.  I thought it strange, but possible, so I changed that cartridge. After the warmup, bam, the next light started blinking. I don't believe it.  I printed an image (13x19) with that light blinking, and the print came out fine, suggesting that indeed the LED's are not working properly.  Any suggestions?  Many thanks!

Andrew W

• http://
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 07:36:05 pm »

I can't offer much help. But the lights on my 3800 bugged out yesterday. They all went off. Both on the printer display as well on the printer dialogue box.

Turned it on and off twice and voila, it worked properly.

Yours sounds like it could be the chip sensor malfunctioning.

Good luck.

Andrew
[span style='color:green'][span style='f

p.tinson

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 03:49:03 pm »

If you are running a windos system then for the ink levels to show when printing you need to have the ststus monitor installed, to check if the driver can see the status monitor you can go to the utility tab in the printer properties and check the status monito icon if its greyed out then you need to load the status monitor.
The ink LEDs on the printer start to flash as a warning that the cartridge is getting low, they come on solid whe indicating ink out. When you replace a cartridge to remove any air that might have got into the head when replacing the printer goes through a clean process and uses ink from all cartridges, so if one of the other colours was close to its low condition this could take it to the low indication.
as you have found out from the start of the low indication there is still sufficient ink left to do a number of prints.
Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up