Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 early adopters-How much $ did you lose?  (Read 3672 times)

dkeyes

• http://
z3100 early adopters-How much $ did you lose?
« on: May 11, 2007, 02:35:46 pm »

After all this discussion about rebates on the z3100 I thought I would start a thread on how much money we lost by buying early.

Purchased z3100 44" less than one week before rebates started and then bought a separate APS (used saving myself $100 off retail)

Printer - $6295
APS - $700
HP paper - $500
TOTAL - $7495

Cost of same items, printer with APS and PS (+ larger hard drive)
$7495
-$1000 trade-in
-$500 paper rebate
TOTAL - $5995

Lost out on $1500

Ouch- Doug

namartinnz

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 01:48:09 am »

After all this discussion about rebates on the z3100 I thought I would start a thread on how much money we lost by buying early.

Purchased z3100 44" less than one week before rebates started and then bought a separate APS (used saving myself $100 off retail)

Printer - $6295
APS - $700
HP paper - $500
TOTAL - $7495

Cost of same items, printer with APS and PS (+ larger hard drive)
$7495
-$1000 trade-in
-$500 paper rebate
TOTAL - $5995

Lost out on $1500

Ouch- Doug
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117004\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

So how much in income would you have lost if you hadn't upgraded till now? Better off or worse off?

Neal

Thomas Krüger

• http://thomaskrueger.eu
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 02:46:38 am »

I've lost my whole analogue darkroom with a Jobo ATL and a 4x5" Homrich enlarger... uncountable values calculating the times in the darkroom and the printing experience!  

Oh, I like my Z3100 !!

dkeyes

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 04:26:40 am »

My post wasn't meant as a complaint but more as a "look how much I lost and I'm still happy" post. Forgot to mention the I'm still happy part. (too many 1am posts)

As far as lost time spent messing around with this new technology, I have to say it has probably evened out now by not creating profiles by hand (or paying someone else to).

As a side note:
People on this forum that have been complaining that they got "ripped off" by HP apparently have never bought a new computer, dvd player, digital camera, etc. If they had, they would have realized products and pricing change quick, especially when it's new technology with competition. Like a new car, these things lose value the minute you take them off the lot. The value is in what you get out of them. Despite "losing" $1500, I'm happy I bought the printer when I did. I needed it and it's been great. It has already paid for itself.

- Doug

namartinnz

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 05:18:57 pm »

My post wasn't meant as a complaint but more as a "look how much I lost and I'm still happy" post. Forgot to mention the I'm still happy part. (too many 1am posts)

As far as lost time spent messing around with this new technology, I have to say it has probably evened out now by not creating profiles by hand (or paying someone else to).

As a side note:
People on this forum that have been complaining that they got "ripped off" by HP apparently have never bought a new computer, dvd player, digital camera, etc. If they had, they would have realized products and pricing change quick, especially when it's new technology with competition. Like a new car, these things lose value the minute you take them off the lot. The value is in what you get out of them. Despite "losing" $1500, I'm happy I bought the printer when I did. I needed it and it's been great. It has already paid for itself.
- Doug
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117233\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good to see - over in NZ I was the 2nd to get a 44" Z3100 in the country. I paid $15600 NZ or approx $11000US. Was I happy paying that price - not really, when you see what the Z3100 was going for overseas. Was I glad I got it - definitely! Not having one meant losing business doing large photo and canvas prints. As for offering rebates, it's too early over here yet, they were only available in February. If the rebates come, that's life, my income from printing has already doubled and steadily increasing.

Neal

rdonson

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 11:09:34 am »

As a side note:
- Doug
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117233\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm very happy with my Z3100.  I've only had it a couple of weeks now and I definitely don't feel ripped off.   Confused at times over the rebates and bundles but not ripped off.  Based on earlier reports though I did NOT purchase APS or a printer with APS bundled.  I'm very interested in APS but only after the currently reported issues have been resolved.  I don't need yet another i1 colorimeter but if that's the software dongle I could live with it.
Regards,
Ron

dkeyes

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 05:07:21 pm »

I'm very happy with my Z3100.  I've only had it a couple of weeks now and I definitely don't feel ripped off.   Confused at times over the rebates and bundles but not ripped off.  Based on earlier reports though I did NOT purchase APS or a printer with APS bundled.  I'm very interested in APS but only after the currently reported issues have been resolved.  I don't need yet another i1 colorimeter but if that's the software dongle I could live with it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=117460\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Can't say the APS was worth the $700+ since it really should have been included with the printer anyway (didn't need the calibration device). I've got an extra EyeOne as well. Both APS and EyeOne work similarly except the EyeOne is all automatic on my monitor, the APS version needs some manual adjusting first time around.

Thomas Krüger

• http://thomaskrueger.eu
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 03:12:17 am »

Concerning the APS let's wait for new products from third party developers like www.colorbyte.com or www.ergosoft.ch
Pages: [1]   Go Up