Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yalta (Crimea) 2004  (Read 2702 times)

Denethor2006

Yalta (Crimea) 2004
« on: May 11, 2007, 11:33:32 am »

Hi everyone!

I'm new on this forum, and just wanted to share with you some of my photos to get some criticism.

These pics were taken with my old S1 IS some three years ago. No post-processing except Smart Sharp in Photoshop, vignetting correction in the seahouse pic and resize to 800x600.

Any comments are welcome!

jaapv

Yalta (Crimea) 2004
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 05:32:23 am »

Hi everyone!

I'm new on this forum, and just wanted to share with you some of my photos to get some criticism.

These pics were taken with my old S1 IS some three years ago. No post-processing except Smart Sharp in Photoshop, vignetting correction in the seahouse pic and resize to 800x600.

Any comments are welcome!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116971\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi!  I'm as new here as you are, but I'll attempt some critique. I have a feeling both could do with postprocessing. The bird shot is nice, but I would flip it horizontally and position the bird more to the  left third. Then it needs some enhancing in post. Especially the feathers on the back look like they have been over-noise reduced, so USM might help. And I would boost midtone contrast and take out some blue.
The lighthouse I would crop to 16x9 format, work a bit on the colour to enhance the great atmosphere and again sharpen and contrast.

Plenty of potential..
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 05:36:02 am by jaapv »
Pages: [1]   Go Up