Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: H2D Battery grip  (Read 2249 times)

franloutwo

H2D Battery grip
« on: May 10, 2007, 09:07:18 pm »

I have just sent my camera in for repairs and have posted a query as to your experience with Hasselblad repairs.

This question involves the batter grip that comes with the H2D. My experience is that the battery life is quite limited. Even the additional battery grip supplied with the camera using lithium batteries has a very limited life. In the first place is this your experience with the battery life. Are there any alternatives to the battery grip supplied with the camera. Do you know whether Hasselblad sells a different grip with a longer battery life and if not again are there any solutions to this issue.

pprachun

H2D Battery grip
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 05:33:36 am »

Quote from: franloutwo,May 11 2007, 01:07 AM
Do you know whether Hasselblad sells a different grip with a longer battery life and if not again are there any solutions to this issue.
--------------------------------------------------------
Agreed, grip battery life is relatively limited; particularly when compared to the Canon EOS 1D series battery.
Solution : easy but expensive (hey, we are talking Hasselblad), extra batteries.  I now have 4 re-chargeable units; ouch  

I've NOT been able to find any substitutes for either the battery OR the charger, and would doubt very very much whether this is financially viable for a manufacturer -- this is hardly high volume stuff.

Having stated the above, I will say that at least the grip units, and the charger, are nice and small and easy to pack for the field.  Now, if only Canon could do likewise fro the 1D series.
-- Paul
Paul Prachun
Pages: [1]   Go Up