Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Naming Problem  (Read 1807 times)

jgwalter

Naming Problem
« on: May 10, 2007, 08:37:52 pm »

When I want to do some editing in PS, I have the choice in Lightroom of either, "Open in PhotoShop CS2" or "Export".

The first (Open) seems like the logical choice, as it creates a PSD file, and places it in my Lightroom Library.  Unfortunately, it also adds "-Edit" to my filename.  

However, now I am stuck with this file name for my subsequent Exports, as I cannot figure out how to Export it as its original name.

The second produces the file without the -Edit, but I have to then Import that batch into Lightroom.  

The problem is a result of my really simple file naming system, which is that I don't ever change the file name.  I don't care if I have duplicates, as they are never in the same folder, and keeping the name saves a lot of work and confusion.

So, short of doing a manual, file-by-file, rename, or using some other program to get rid of that addition, is there a way to do this in Lightroom?

As an example, I just finished processing 32 images, all of which needed PhotoShop work.  As a result, I have my 32 .nef files, 32 .xmp files, 32 files with the -Edit.psd addition, and now 32 output files with -Edit.tiff.

I really would like the original, such as _DSC_2844.tiff.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 08:29:51 am by jgwalter »
Pages: [1]   Go Up