Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad repairs  (Read 2657 times)

franloutwo

Hasselblad repairs
« on: May 10, 2007, 08:35:30 pm »

I just sent a Hasselblad H2D to Hasselblad for repairs. Does anyone have experience with the quality of the repairs, the turnaround time or any comments as to your own experience with Hasselblad concerning repairing a digital back. In this case I am referring to the H2D digital back 22 megapixal.

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
Hasselblad repairs
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 09:39:08 pm »

I just sent a Hasselblad H2D to Hasselblad for repairs. Does anyone have experience with the quality of the repairs, the turnaround time or any comments as to your own experience with Hasselblad concerning repairing a digital back. In this case I am referring to the H2D digital back 22 megapixal.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116875\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Fran:

Depending on what the repair is and whether it needs to go to Denmark or not, your turnaround could be a couple days, or 3 to 4 weeks (Denmark). Find out from your dealer what the diagnosis is and what the expected turnaround would be. Your dealer may also be able to provide a loaner or a reduced rental replacement while your unit is being repaired.

Hasselblad does offer an extended warranty for coverage up to 3 years after purchase for the entire H2D (camera, lens, digital component). This warranty is a true hot-swap warranty, which provides a next day replacement in the event of hardware failure. I'm assuming you do not have that coverage, although you can extend the warranty at any time within the initial warranty period of one year.

Regarding your battery question, the lithium batteries (CR123) will not last long at all on an H2D, as they were originally spec'd to power an H1 camera only for at least 3 to 5 hours. A separate battery provided power to the digital back. Starting with the H2D, the digital component was dependent on the grip for power, meaning the CR123's suddenly had a much larger load to power. The rechargable grips should last 3 to 5 hours shooting un-tethered to CF card. If shooting tethered, they should last at least a day, as the digital component will draw power from the host computer, leaving the grip to power only the camera. If you're not achieving this performance, either your rechargable grip needs to be re-set or is ready for retirement.

Steve Hendrix
Professional Photographic Resources
www.ppratlanta.com
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

franloutwo

Hasselblad repairs
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 05:48:56 pm »

Fran:

Depending on what the repair is and whether it needs to go to Denmark or not, your turnaround could be a couple days, or 3 to 4 weeks (Denmark). Find out from your dealer what the diagnosis is and what the expected turnaround would be. Your dealer may also be able to provide a loaner or a reduced rental replacement while your unit is being repaired.

Hasselblad does offer an extended warranty for coverage up to 3 years after purchase for the entire H2D (camera, lens, digital component). This warranty is a true hot-swap warranty, which provides a next day replacement in the event of hardware failure. I'm assuming you do not have that coverage, although you can extend the warranty at any time within the initial warranty period of one year.

Regarding your battery question, the lithium batteries (CR123) will not last long at all on an H2D, as they were originally spec'd to power an H1 camera only for at least 3 to 5 hours. A separate battery provided power to the digital back. Starting with the H2D, the digital component was dependent on the grip for power, meaning the CR123's suddenly had a much larger load to power. The rechargable grips should last 3 to 5 hours shooting un-tethered to CF card. If shooting tethered, they should last at least a day, as the digital component will draw power from the host computer, leaving the grip to power only the camera. If you're not achieving this performance, either your rechargable grip needs to be re-set or is ready for retirement.

Steve Hendrix
Professional Photographic Resources
www.ppratlanta.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116890\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

franloutwo

Hasselblad repairs
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 05:52:55 pm »

Steve:

Thanks for your advice concerning battery power and the H2D. Since I do not have the experience can you advise is there a battery pack on the market I could be tethered to or would it have to be a lap top computer. I plan on using the H2D outside and very little work in my shop.

Looking forward to your response,

FRAN
Pages: [1]   Go Up