Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing with a equal border.... ??  (Read 2227 times)

Christopher

• http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Printing with a equal border.... ??
« on: May 09, 2007, 06:38:35 pm »

Ok let's say we have the following to start with:

Image: 18cm x 26,7cm @ 300ppi
Paper: A4 21cm x 29,7cm
Printer: z3100 44in
Programm: Photoshop CS3 OR Qimage2007
Goal: I want to print the image with an even border of 1,5cm on each side.

I don't care which program will be used in the explenation. I just want it to work.

So how do i set up the program how do I set up the print driver ? It can't be that hard, but on my first tries the stupid thing is always printing it with a different border.

so what is the solution :-P

Christopher
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 05:01:24 am »

Ok let's say we have the following to start with:

Image: 18cm x 26,7cm @ 300ppi
Paper: A4 21cm x 29,7cm
Printer: z3100 44in
Programm: Photoshop CS3 OR Qimage2007
Goal: I want to print the image with an even border of 1,5cm on each side.

I don't care which program will be used in the explenation. I just want it to work.

So how do i set up the program how do I set up the print driver ? It can't be that hard, but on my first tries the stupid thing is always printing it with a different border.

so what is the solution :-P
Christopher
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm sure I could achieve that with for example some registration tabs at the front where the blue lines are and the right choices in Qimage + the driver. But I'm also sure that I wouldn't waste my time to print A4's that way. It is already a bit of magic that an A4 is accepted on a wide format and expecting good registration just by inserting the sheet from the back may be asking too much. To get that done on an Epson wide format I would have to use A3 size with tabs at the bottom plate and reversing the sheet after one print. And any dual print where you print one image on another one needs that kind of tab registration as the other methods are not exact enough. Printing on bigger sheets or rolls + cut marks in Qimage + cutting is the faster, easier method on a wide format.

Ernst Dinkla

try: [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 07:10:36 pm »

Chris,

Seems we all have the same problem. When printing with sheets, it seems that CS3 with the HP driver seem to get the left and right margins right but never the top/bottom.

In the HP driver I set the Document Size Layout option to "Standard"

Then in the CS3 Print screen, I uncheck the Center Image box and then add 0.25 inches from what ever number appears in the Top box. For example, if after unchecking the Center Image box, the number there is -0.433 inches, I change it to -0.183. It seems to work every time for me. You will have to figure out the metric conversion.

Roll paper drives me crazy too. I think I have just figured out that one. In the HP driver I set the Document Size Layout to "Clip Contents to Margins" and then in the CS3 Print screen, I uncheck the Center Image box and set the top and left margins to -0.25 inches. It seems to work.

Your mileage may vary.

Good luck,
Jim
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.
Pages: [1]   Go Up