Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DYE-Inks for Epson 3800  (Read 2398 times)

Samson

DYE-Inks for Epson 3800
« on: May 09, 2007, 12:05:07 pm »

Hi,

i´m very disapointed by the prints i´m getting with high gloss media and the Epson 3800. The gloss differential is to high and clearly visible.

So my idea is to change the inks and use dye based inks. But i havent found something online.
Do someone have experience with that?

kind regards

madmanchan

• Web
DYE-Inks for Epson 3800
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 02:16:17 pm »

I am not aware of any dye-based inks that you can use in the 3800. (Even if there were, I wouldn't advise it because it would likely void the warranty.) I suggest looking into applying a spray to the print to minimize GD.
Eric Chan

colinm

DYE-Inks for Epson 3800
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 04:02:56 pm »

In addition to what Eric has suggested, you may also want to try reining in your highlights if you're letting them shoot off to 255.

The Epson driver will do it for you with the "Highlight Point Shift" box if don't mind the slight loss of control. If you want to remain fully in control, you can pull them back using curves in Photoshop.

Also keep in mind your final purpose for the prints. If they're going to be framed, glazed, and hung, nobody's going to be tilting the print around staring at it from odd angles (unless you have some very strange viewers), and the glazing may help reduce the problem anyway.
Colin

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
DYE-Inks for Epson 3800
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 04:33:38 pm »

First question is which "high gloss media" are you using, and second is which profile did you use to print it with?
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Samson

DYE-Inks for Epson 3800
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 06:04:31 pm »

First question is which "high gloss media" are you using, and second is which profile did you use to print it with?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116648\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I tried Epson "Premium Glossy" with the PGPP Profil and Epson "Ultra Glossy".
Both with Photo Black.
Pages: [1]   Go Up