Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to select/find only "grayscale" images?  (Read 2271 times)

PTP

Possible to select/find only "grayscale" images?
« on: May 08, 2007, 08:27:49 pm »

I want to output my "grayscale" images to a different folder than my colour images. Is it possible to select/find only those images that have been "converted to grayscale" in LR? (Apart from manually selecting the relevant images).

Thanks.

tomrock

• http://tomrockwell.com
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 09:18:15 am »

Just a thought -- you could keyword the B/W and find them that way.

BFoto

• Brad's blog
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 10:54:10 am »

Just a thought -- you could keyword the B/W and find them that way.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116947\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, this works but to go back into the library from develop mode every time one converts an image from color to black and white, is pain the the preverbial...

What would be great, which i have requested in the adobe forums, is, when grayscale is chosen via the develop module, an auto keyword is generated "black and white" as a child of the keyword you are using for that image. Then, upon returning to the library, the black and whites are separated by keywords. One can then choose all of these, and then creat a separate collection.

When one has a moderate shoot of say 100 images all of similar subject matter, that, when in LR, then wishes to convert to BW, this would save substantial time in workflow by allowing you to stay in the develop mode for the whole series of images.

Michael you do a significant amount of work in BW, would this help your WFlow?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 05:46:10 am »

The issue is not just limited to b&w but to any use of virtual copies. Right now, you must remember to *do something* immediately after you create the virtual copies - that something might be to add the copies to a collection, add a keyword, or put something in the iptc instructions. Otherwise, as you've found, it's a pain to select them later. See this post and this.

Adobe understand the problem, so use the workaround for now.

John
Pages: [1]   Go Up