Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Contax 645 Flash Sync Problem w/P30  (Read 3864 times)

benedmonson

• http://www.benedmonson.com
Contax 645 Flash Sync Problem w/P30
« on: May 06, 2007, 11:27:14 pm »

I have been having a problem every once in a while firing my strobes from my Contax 645 w/P30 back. I always shoot with pocket wizards, when the problem occours I can generally switch to my stand by cable and the will fire again. After a while I can switch back to my pocket wizards and they will work fine. Today during a long shoot both the wizards and my cable failed. I did several test and the cable was fine, but the camera wouldn't fire the strobes. I disconnected everything from the camera a even put in fresh batteries in the back and the camera and it still wouldn't work. After shooting a set with natural light I then tried the pocket wizards again, and this time they worked perfectly the rest of the day. If I had another body I could test it, I'm thinking the problem is with my Contax body. Has anybody ever had this problem. I have no time to send it to service as I'm shooting everyday. I will be ordering another body, but in the meantime any comments????

Cheers,

Ben
www.benedmonson.com

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 09:37:27 am »

Ben,

Are you using the Wizard directly on the hot shoe of your Contax w/ no cables? Have you tried to cable the Wizard to your DB and bypass the hot shoe?

Thank you,

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration

william

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 10:24:04 am »

I also shoot with a Contax 645, P30 and Pocketwizards.   I've never had any problems.

I have been having a problem every once in a while firing my strobes from my Contax 645 w/P30 back. I always shoot with pocket wizards, when the problem occours I can generally switch to my stand by cable and the will fire again. After a while I can switch back to my pocket wizards and they will work fine. Today during a long shoot both the wizards and my cable failed. I did several test and the cable was fine, but the camera wouldn't fire the strobes. I disconnected everything from the camera a even put in fresh batteries in the back and the camera and it still wouldn't work. After shooting a set with natural light I then tried the pocket wizards again, and this time they worked perfectly the rest of the day. If I had another body I could test it, I'm thinking the problem is with my Contax body. Has anybody ever had this problem. I have no time to send it to service as I'm shooting everyday. I will be ordering another body, but in the meantime any comments????

Cheers,

Ben
www.benedmonson.com
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116064\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

benedmonson

• http://www.benedmonson.com
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 06:12:40 pm »

I shoot everyday with this combo too and have only had this problem a handful of times. Just can't figure out what is making it happen. Was hoping somebody else had experience with it. Chris I'll try the P30 flash sync next time. I always use the pocket wizard mounted on the hot shoe.

Ben

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 07:06:47 pm »

Just can't figure out what is making it happen. Was hoping somebody else had experience with it. [a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116251\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dont know about contax but when the battery is low in my blad it dont fire the flash right

This happens before it stops shooting

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

vgogolak

• http://
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 10:01:22 pm »

I know it sounds obvious, but clean all the contacts well with alcohol. I actually use the Quantum freewire system (they had a better Contax cable) and works fine.

regards
Victor
Pages: [1]   Go Up