Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PS CS3 Large File Print Problems with Z3100  (Read 1902 times)

jacunivac

PS CS3 Large File Print Problems with Z3100
« on: May 06, 2007, 02:30:09 pm »

I have been having incredible problems printing files over 500 MB on sheet media. I have spent hours on the phone with the HP people and they are convinced it is CS3. I have been able to print on 24" width media with MS Word, Text Edit, Preview, Acrobat but not Photoshop. I relaize with those apps the file size is much smaller.

The file inquestion is 20 X 28 at 600 dpi. At first it was a TIFF, then it was recommended I save it as a PSD file. I set up a custom paper size in Page Setup of 22 X 30. I am using a litho type paper, not made by HP. It is 22 X 30.

I get the Mac Print Window with the blue progress bar. It looks like it's sending data for 6 or 7 minutes. I wait then checkd the Force Quit Application dialog box and it says Photoshop is not responding. Waiting a little longer Photoshop seems to heal itself but then after a few more minutes the Print Dialog window is gone. There is no trace of evidence to show that I ever attempted to print this file. I have recalibrated the printer and made a new ICC profile for the paper which invariably are obsolete next time I check.

Is anyone having this problem printing larger files out of P'shop? Oh yes, same thing from CS2.

Thanks for any help out there.

Jac

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 04:20:19 am »

I have been having incredible problems printing files over 500 MB on sheet media. I have spent hours on the phone with the HP people and they are convinced it is CS3. I have been able to print on 24" width media with MS Word, Text Edit, Preview, Acrobat but not Photoshop. I relaize with those apps the file size is much smaller.

The file inquestion is 20 X 28 at 600 dpi. At first it was a TIFF, then it was recommended I save it as a PSD file. I set up a custom paper size in Page Setup of 22 X 30. I am using a litho type paper, not made by HP. It is 22 X 30.

I get the Mac Print Window with the blue progress bar. It looks like it's sending data for 6 or 7 minutes. I wait then checkd the Force Quit Application dialog box and it says Photoshop is not responding. Waiting a little longer Photoshop seems to heal itself but then after a few more minutes the Print Dialog window is gone. There is no trace of evidence to show that I ever attempted to print this file. I have recalibrated the printer and made a new ICC profile for the paper which invariably are obsolete next time I check.

Is anyone having this problem printing larger files out of P'shop? Oh yes, same thing from CS2.

Thanks for any help out there.

Jac
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jac,

I have no idea what it could be right away. Using Qimage on Windows here and similar sizes go without problems. The file must be 8 bit considering the 600 MB. The 16 bit compatibility in the driver is off ? What did you set for memory usage in Photoshop ? There have been messages that recommend to reduce that as low as 30% to give the printer driver more slack in cases like this. On which disc is the driver spooling done? Enough size? Is it possible to shift it to a drive that has more space or is not used as a scrap disc for Photoshop ?

Did you Manage Papers in Easy Printer Care ? The new profiles should be available all the time.

Ernst Dinkla

try:  [a href=\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/]http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/[/url]

jacunivac

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 07:48:20 am »

Jac,

I have no idea what it could be right away. Using Qimage on Windows here and similar sizes go without problems. The file must be 8 bit considering the 600 MB. The 16 bit compatibility in the driver is off ? What did you set for memory usage in Photoshop ? There have been messages that recommend to reduce that as low as 30% to give the printer driver more slack in cases like this. On which disc is the driver spooling done? Enough size? Is it possible to shift it to a drive that has more space or is not used as a scrap disc for Photoshop ?

Did you Manage Papers in Easy Printer Care ? The new profiles should be available all the time.

Ernst Dinkla

try:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116101\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am on a 2 X 3.0 Ghz Xeon Intel Processor G5 Mac with 4 GB of RAM. The memory usage is set to 70%. I have attempted to print these large documents with all apps off except Photoshop and the HP software. The drive has 65GB available with the scratch drive at 215GB available. The file is 8 bit.

I'll try reducing the Photoshop memory usage to see if that works.

Thanks,

Jac
Pages: [1]   Go Up