Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Imageprint 7  (Read 2248 times)

jschone

Imageprint 7
« on: May 05, 2007, 07:00:33 pm »

Hi,

Anyone on this board started to use IP 7 yet? opinions?

Is is it a worthwhile upgrade? Although I am at the point of buying the upgrade, I would like to know how the the new features are being experienced by the LL users.

Jochem

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
Imageprint 7
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 10:45:02 am »

Hi,

Anyone on this board started to use IP 7 yet? opinions?

Is is it a worthwhile upgrade? Although I am at the point of buying the upgrade, I would like to know how the the new features are being experienced by the LL users.

Jochem
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115904\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm using it with an Epson 4000 on an older Mac.  I may not be the best person to judge it, however, as I don't make heavy use of its layout features, which is where IP excels. Those features seem to have been significantly improved, as has the overall user interface, which was clunky and unattractive in IP6. They've cleaned up the menus and made them more rational and intuitive, so that commonly used controls are more easily acceptable rather than being buried, for instance, in the print dialog.

The File Browser still makes the program freeze, just as it did in IP6; and I'm not yet certain whether IP7 allows me to drag-and-drop an image from iView Media Pro to its dock icon to have it open in IP7.

It uses the same profiles as did IP6, which I've found are generally excellent.

Overall I think it was a worthwhile upgrade just because it's cleaner and prettier, and those who make heavy use of templates and other layout features are likely to be happy.
michael sebast

Kirk Gittings

• http://www.KirkGittings.com
Imageprint 7
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 04:51:50 pm »

The File Browser still makes the program freeze, just as it did in IP6

I find the varieties of software experience mystifying sometimes and think that more often perhaps it is do to oddities in our computers rather than the innate problems in the software.

I have used IP6 from day one till today (I've paid for 7 but haven't installed it yet, I'm trying to decide on a new printer) and never had the file browser freeze the program. As a matter of fact I always marveled at how much faster it was than PS (or Bridge particularly) on networked drives? Yes IP6 had a bit of a clunky interface, but after maybe two weeks of playing with it, it was like butter from then on. I look forward to installing IP7, but in no particular hurry as the setup I have works so well.
Thanks,
Kirk Gittings
Pages: [1]   Go Up