Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Support question  (Read 3386 times)

theophilus

Epson Support question
« on: May 05, 2007, 11:38:53 am »

I was about to purchase a 3800 from newegg.com ($1159), but I was wondering about Epson's support policies.

If there is an issue with the printer will I have to return it to newegg?  Or once I buy it will I deal with Epson directly?

I ask since newegg isn't an Epson Authorized Professional Reseller

Am I giving up anything in service and support?

colinm

Epson Support question
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 12:04:01 pm »

You shouldn't be. The terms of the warranty don't mention where the printer is purchased at all.

Using a Pro Graphics Reseller is great if you want to build a relationship and avoid dealing directly with Epson, but if all you want is the printer, there's no real benefit. Heck, a lot of the Pro Resellers I've encountered don't offer a large chunk of those benefits.
Colin

dgillilan

Epson Support question
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 01:06:20 pm »

I could recommend to you my seller, "Atlantic Exchange" which sold me this printer, new, in the box with all books, cd, manual, packing, warranty, etc., for a price of $1149.95, free shipping via UPS. (Be sure you get free shipping, their computers have been applying the shipping charge, but if you call the 1-800 number and remind them, they kindly remove the shipping charge, and you pay only $1149.95).

I registered my printer with Epson and received confirmation of my registration of this printer. I ordered on a Sunday and UPS delivered the next Friday(5 days).

Check the site if you are interested:
http://www.atlex.com/
Phone: 800.327.2822  -  local 305.593.1176
Located in Miami, FL.

Debra

madmanchan

• Web
Epson Support question
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 01:45:12 pm »

Shouldn't be an issue, Tommy. The included booklet provides you a phone number where you can reach Epson Pro support directly.
Eric Chan

theophilus

Epson Support question
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 11:01:27 am »

Thanks for the replies, just wanted to verify that before I purchased...

Bill Koenig

Epson Support question
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2007, 11:19:21 am »

Thanks for the replies, just wanted to verify that before I purchased...
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115953\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm on my third 3800. The first one had a mechanical problem, tech support listened to it over the phone, they send a brand new replacement in two days. The second printer had a problem pressurizing the ink carts, even though it printed just fine, tech support send me another brand new printer, this one works flawlessly. So yeah, I was unlucky to get two bad printers, but Epson replaced both of them.
My hats off to Epson, and there customer support.
Using Epson paper and profiles, the prints are amazing. I can't wait to try a custom profile on some 17x25 Micro ceramic gloss, from inkjetart.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 11:20:44 am by Bill Koenig »
Bill Koenig,

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Epson Support question
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 12:21:10 pm »

Using Epson paper and profiles, the prints are amazing.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116378\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Bill what printer were you using before, and to what are you comparing the output from the 3800?
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Bill Koenig

Epson Support question
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 05:40:15 pm »

Bill what printer were you using before, and to what are you comparing the output from the 3800?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116391\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Mark,

This is my first inkjet printer, but let me give you a little background about my jump into the digital darkroom.
 I have a Nikon D200, PhotoShop CS2, I use Monaco Optix XR pro for my monitor profile (all of this came in May of 2006) I had a lot of learning ahead of me at that point. But I did have a head start, as I would read anything I could find on color management, work flow, this forum and many others for years, until I finely made the switch. Before that, I shot slide film, and back in high school I had a B&W darkroom, that was 30 years ago.
Before may purchase of the 3800, I would send files out to WalGreens, Walmart, Mini Labs, mostly printed on a Fuji Frontier. The prints were ok, but at times, the colors weren't what they should have been, this may have been do to the sRGB color space. The same files printed on the 3800 have rich colors just the way they were on my monitor
My plan from the beginning was to get a Epson printer, and then they came out with the 3800. The timing couldn't have been better.
Bill Koenig,

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
Epson Support question
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2007, 06:22:48 pm »

Yes indeed, in the context of that background you are "right on the money".
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."
Pages: [1]   Go Up