Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One Phan  (Read 2761 times)

Aboud

• http://www.abouddweck.com
Phase One Phan
« on: May 05, 2007, 07:36:18 am »

I joined the Contax MF digital crowd last December. I wanted to be able to print large in house, and to that end I picked up the P25 back. I too spent many days in angst over the various brands, cameras available and finally, when I decided to choose Phase One, which back? Well, it has now been five months and I haven't been this juiced up about a piece of gear since I bought my first sports car. The color and resolution on this back and the killer Capture One software make the best choice in MF digital. Couple that with the Contax build, feel, traditional controls - real aperture rings, actual shutter speed dial - and the Zeiss lenses and you have a near perfect digital imaging solution. (I still can't get over the fact that the Hasselblad has a pop-up flash  ). OK, now I am starting to sound snobbish, pardon me H3D fans. Before I forget, the big thing to consider with these MF backs is exchange programs and customer service - Phase One is tops on both.

Image: Graffiti Wall, San Juan. ©Aboud Dweck 2007
Contax 645, 35MM 3.5
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 07:37:08 am by Aboud »

vgogolak

• http://
Phase One Phan
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 04:23:21 pm »

I joined the Contax MF digital crowd last December. I wanted to be able to print large in house, and to that end I picked up the P25 back. I too spent many days in angst over the various brands, cameras available and finally, when I decided to choose Phase One, which back? Well, it has now been five months and I haven't been this juiced up about a piece of gear since I bought my first sports car. The color and resolution on this back and the killer Capture One software make the best choice in MF digital. Couple that with the Contax build, feel, traditional controls - real aperture rings, actual shutter speed dial - and the Zeiss lenses and you have a near perfect digital imaging solution. (I still can't get over the fact that the Hasselblad has a pop-up flash  ). OK, now I am starting to sound snobbish, pardon me H3D fans. Before I forget, the big thing to consider with these MF backs is exchange programs and customer service - Phase One is tops on both.

Image: Graffiti Wall, San Juan. ©Aboud Dweck 2007
Contax 645, 35MM 3.5
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115791\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dear Aboud

Welcome to a very large and growing set of PHANS of PHASE!.

For me , it actually started with being CRAZY about CONTAX! (then going from Kodak back to P25 on a recommendation from Lance Shad at the time, before he went to Phase One))

They well together. (Look forward to meeting you in Arlington!)

regards
Victor
Pages: [1]   Go Up