Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem Z3100 matching Monitor  (Read 1656 times)

drjdmm

Problem Z3100 matching Monitor
« on: May 04, 2007, 01:50:18 am »

I have just received and set up my z3100 - I did not get the APS   . My monitor is calibrated with the Xrite eye-one display2 calibration. I am having a challange getting my prints to match my monitor - (using photoshop CS2- soft proof for Professional Satin HP paper)

I calibrated the Z3100 when I set it up for the professional satin paper and choose the option of "let photshop manage colors" when printing. (It worked for HP130)

My prints seem to be darker and have less contrast.
Has anyone else had this problem?
 Does the APS solve this ?-
or is there a better RIP?

appreciate any pointers from any experts on this forum

Joel Murphy

dkeyes

• http://
Problem Z3100 matching Monitor
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 03:48:44 am »

I have just received and set up my z3100 - I did not get the APS   . My monitor is calibrated with the Xrite eye-one display2 calibration. I am having a challange getting my prints to match my monitor - (using photoshop CS2- soft proof for Professional Satin HP paper)

I calibrated the Z3100 when I set it up for the professional satin paper and choose the option of "let photshop manage colors" when printing. (It worked for HP130)

My prints seem to be darker and have less contrast.
Has anyone else had this problem?
 Does the APS solve this ?-
or is there a better RIP?
appreciate any pointers from any experts on this forum

Joel Murphy
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115645\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I was using same set-up with same paper with a LaCie 22blueIV monitor. I had same issues. I've managed to fix them but not in a way I would ideally have liked. One easy thing was to print with Perceptual (instead of Relative rendering intent). This lightened things immediately.

My blacks weren't as dark as on my glossy paper so I had to adjust my black point in the file but it matched my images on glossy after that. I'm not sure what is going on but this paper is supposed to have a larger gamut than the HP ID glossy. Otherwise, I love this paper.

I'm now using APS and it hasn't helped at all. It won't even calibrate with Satin so I use gloss paper setting to calibrate (which shouldn't change things).
- Doug
Pages: [1]   Go Up