Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon IPF8000 Help Please...  (Read 3759 times)

Matt M.

Canon IPF8000 Help Please...
« on: May 03, 2007, 04:13:23 am »

This may be a simple question to some but I can't get around this one problem with my new Canon IPF 8000. I can't seem to print a full size image without a white border. When I send the correctly sized image to print, I get a 1/2 inch white border all the way around the print. There is an option for borderless printing but it is greyed out when I need to print a custom size. I tried setting the scale to 100% but still the same problem. Has anyone else encounterd this or have any suggestions on how to get around this?
Thanks!

John Hollenberg

« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 10:38:42 am »

I can't seem to print a full size image without a white border. When I send the correctly sized image to print, I get a 1/2 inch white border all the way around the print. There is an option for borderless printing but it is greyed out when I need to print a custom size.

The iPF5000 will only print borderless for particular roll widths, so this could be the problem.  Check on the Wiki with other posters:

http://canonipf5000.wikispaces.com

--John

colinm

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 01:27:26 pm »

Matt,

There are two things potentially in play here:

1. As John mentioned, borderless printing is not supported on all roll widths. Since the printer measures the paper, the only workaround here is to use different paper.

2. The media type you've selected. Along with the rest of the black magic in the iPF8000 media selection is a flag that decides whether or not it's "safe" for borderless printing. If Canon has determined a particular paper isn't suitable for borderless use, borderless printing is disabled. You can work around this by selecting a different media type.

Do be aware that in some cases Canon has opted out of borderless because of the potential for head strikes. I wouldn't try a huge print right out of the gate.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 01:43:43 pm by colinm »
Colin

Matt M.

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 02:44:10 am »

Matt,

There are two things potentially in play here:

1. As John mentioned, borderless printing is not supported on all roll widths. Since the printer measures the paper, the only workaround here is to use different paper.

2. The media type you've selected. Along with the rest of the black magic in the iPF8000 media selection is a flag that decides whether or not it's "safe" for borderless printing. If Canon has determined a particular paper isn't suitable for borderless use, borderless printing is disabled. You can work around this by selecting a different media type.

Do be aware that in some cases Canon has opted out of borderless because of the potential for head strikes. I wouldn't try a huge print right out of the gate.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115551\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for that, well I got throught to Canon and the tech told me I need to ad .2 in. to each image to get the full image size to print. That worked, I just don't understand why I have to do that. I now need to create a custom channel for every different size print I will be sending. I wasn't necesarily trying to get a borderless print, I don't mind if there is a border, but I do mind if I lose image area which is what happened. If I sent an 8x10 to print, I would get a 7.5x9.5 on an 8x10 sheet of paper. So now I had to create a channel and make the size an 8.4x10.4 which stil gives me the white border but a full 8x10 image.
-Matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up