Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HELP! CF Card won't import  (Read 2310 times)

stevestrickman

HELP! CF Card won't import
« on: May 02, 2007, 09:10:14 am »

I have worked with Adobe tech support two times on this problem and it is still not resolved.  My compact flash card crashes in the middle of the download and causes an error 600.  Adobe doesn't know what that error is.  This is on my Power Mac G5, OS 10.49.  The same cards with the same files work perfectly on my Laptop G4.  Adobe's solution is to trash the library database file and start with a new one.  That worked on one card, but when I put another one in, the same error occured.

My biggest concern is that it seems that the database file can become EASILY corrupted.  If I had, for example 25,000 files, I would have lost a great deal of work that took a long time to create.  This is a major flaw with LR.  Backing up does not do any good, because the backup file did exactly the same thing.

Has anyone had this problem?  Any suggestions for a solution?  The only work around I can use for now is to copy the files from the CF card using another program, such as Photo Mechanic, and then import the files to LR.

Jeff could you give me your recommendations.  Thank you. Carol Strickman

francois

HELP! CF Card won't import
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 12:10:27 pm »

I have worked with Adobe tech support two times on this problem and it is still not resolved.  My compact flash card crashes in the middle of the download and causes an error 600.  Adobe doesn't know what that error is.  This is on my Power Mac G5, OS 10.49.  The same cards with the same files work perfectly on my Laptop G4.  Adobe's solution is to trash the library database file and start with a new one.  That worked on one card, but when I put another one in, the same error occured.

My biggest concern is that it seems that the database file can become EASILY corrupted.  If I had, for example 25,000 files, I would have lost a great deal of work that took a long time to create.  This is a major flaw with LR.  Backing up does not do any good, because the backup file did exactly the same thing.

Has anyone had this problem?  Any suggestions for a solution?  The only work around I can use for now is to copy the files from the CF card using another program, such as Photo Mechanic, and then import the files to LR.

Jeff could you give me your recommendations.  Thank you. Carol Strickman
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115318\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Carol,
One thing that you can easily do is: open the Console application (/Applications/Utilities/Console.app) and see if error messages are displayed when you try to import your CF card content. You may also want to check you HD integrity (using Disk Utility) and maybe check for bad permissions. I've not experienced any problem while importing files from CF cards except for the well known & documented (and fixed in the next version) LR pseudo-freeze.
From my dev documentation Error -600 only says:

Found in the "MacErrors.h" file:
          procNotFound = -600, /*no eligible process with specified descriptor*/

If the error is a LR internal error then I don't know...
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 12:13:06 pm by francois »
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up