Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Permajet FB paper & Epson 3800  (Read 2978 times)

simonA

Problem with Permajet FB paper & Epson 3800
« on: May 02, 2007, 08:17:01 am »

I have been trying out some sample sheets of Permajet Royal fibre based glossy paper.

I'm getting white lines that look like blurry rain streaks running across the prints. If I print exactly the same image on my standard paper (Ilford smooth pearl) I don't get this.

I have downloaded the profile for the paper and have the printer set to Permajet's recommendation (Premium glossy paper). I tried some other images and got exactly the same result.

Has anyone seen this before?

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 08:18:40 am »

Are you hearing scratching or scraping sounds during the printing? It could be that the print head is touching the paper. You may want to increase the Platen Gap in the Paper Config driver settings to Wide.
Eric Chan

simonA

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 08:21:23 am »

Are you hearing scratching or scraping sounds during the printing? It could be that the print head is touching the paper. You may want to increase the Platen Gap in the Paper Config driver settings to Wide.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115308\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I have already tried that and it made no difference. I also tried loadiing the paper from the front instead of the auto feeder.

The print head does slightly knock against the edges of the paper (as it is slightly curved). Could this cause the problem?

simonA

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 09:30:15 am »

I'm about to give up on this paper. I have tried changing everything from the drying time between head passes to the paper thickness. Nothing I do seems to make any difference to these lines.

Permajet said it's the rollers in the printer. But the lines don't travel in the direction of the rollers.

It's a shame as the prints look fantastic other than that. But I can't afford to keep waisting paper and ink.

I looked at the lines under a loupe and they are almost certainly scratches. I also have a series of dots down the print from the roller.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 09:43:09 am by simonA »

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 11:01:45 am »

I looked at the lines under a loupe and they are almost certainly scratches. I also have a series of dots down the print from the roller.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115321\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The dots you mention are almost certainly due to the "pizza wheel" mechanism used above the ejection rollers in the 3800. Unfortunately I don't have an answer to this.
Eric Chan
Pages: [1]   Go Up