Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two monitors  (Read 1800 times)

suethomo

Two monitors
« on: May 01, 2007, 12:08:50 am »

Hi

I am about to purchase a monitor to work in conjunction with my laptop - (laptop is my only computer)  I understand that the image being worked on in Photoshop can be put on the external monitor while the PS tools can be on the laptop screen.  Is this correct and if so can anyone tell me how to set this up.

The monitor is the Apple Cinema display 23 " and I have a Windows laptop (Vista)

Many thanks
Sue
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 12:17:05 am by suethomo »

Peter McLennan

Two monitors
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 12:29:49 pm »

Hi

I am about to purchase a monitor to work in conjunction with my laptop - (laptop is my only computer)  I understand that the image being worked on in Photoshop can be put on the external monitor while the PS tools can be on the laptop screen.  Is this correct and if so can anyone tell me how to set this up.

The monitor is the Apple Cinema display 23 " and I have a Windows laptop (Vista)

Many thanks
Sue
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115124\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Photoshop on dual monitors is the only way to work.  When I see what single-monitor users have to contend with, I'm appalled.  There's just not enough screen area for the software interface and the images.

Your laptop's display hardware and software will determine if and how you can implement dual monitors.  You'll have to read your documentation carefully.  Be aware that some laptops permit only a "copy" monitor - another monitor showing the same display as the laptop's native monitor.  This is used for presentations, and won't give you the dual-monitor functions that you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up