Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: shmutz in my epson 2400  (Read 1873 times)

a_krause

shmutz in my epson 2400
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:25:00 pm »

I just printed 2 new portfolios with my Epson 2400 on moab entrada paper. It seems like the paper sort of shedded while going through my printer and towards the end, the paper particles were then going on the paper that was printing creating speckles. is there a recomended way of cleaning inside of the printer to not have this problem in the future.

thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Richowens

shmutz in my epson 2400
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 11:57:02 pm »

Yes........brush the paper, each sheet, with a soft brush and blow it with canned air to remove the dust before putting it in the printer. What causes the speckles is the dust coming off after the sheet is printed.

Some folks find it satisfactory to use either air or a brush, but I'm paranoid enough to use both  

Rich

colinm

shmutz in my epson 2400
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 03:41:55 am »

There's a detailed section on cleaning the printer innards in the manual (if you've lost your printed copy, it's available as a PDF for download as well).

In a nutshell, Epson recommends opening the front feed tray and using canned air to spray the particles out the rear of the printer. Combine this with Rich's preventative measures and your problems should be a thing of the past!

Also, the "shedding" paper bits can collect on the feed rollers and cause loading problems. If that happens, you can buy a pack of cleaning sheets. I think it's around $7 for 3 of them.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 03:45:44 am by colinm »
Colin
Pages: [1]   Go Up