Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP dishonestly ripped us off  (Read 30060 times)

Roscolo

HP dishonestly ripped us off
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2007, 11:52:19 pm »

Check out the response from Jim Cole.  You should follow his example.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116709\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

???

At HP, the z3100ps is $7,495. The z3100 without ps is $6,295. Even after the $1000 rebate, the difference between ps and non-ps is $1200.

Fred Ragland

• http://
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2007, 11:47:28 am »

The horse is not only dead, it's beginning to get ripe...
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm interested in buying a Z3100 but have put it off until the dust settles.  

Dezenhall and Weber recently wrote a book titled [a href=\"http://www.amazon.com/Damage-Control-Everything-Crisis-Management/dp/1591841542/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/103-4492258-9066227?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1178807639&sr=1-2]Damage Control: Why Everything You Know About Crises Management is Wrong[/url].  In this modern age of communication, the book advocates a campaign-style approach to crises management, "the political model assumes the threat of motivated adversaries that want to torpedo you."  HP management should put the book on its reading list.

Not that any of us want to torpedo HP :~)    But it is interesting to watch them grapple with the modern marketplace.

marty m

• http://
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2007, 08:56:11 pm »

I'm interested in buying a Z3100 but have put it off until the dust settles. 
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116791\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Fred, you were quick to challenge my motives and ask if I worked for a competitor of HP.  Now we learn that you have not even purchased a printer, and therefore are not one of the victims who lost $800.  I guess it is easy for you to take a cheap shot and question someone else's motives, since we lost the money, but you did not.

At the time, I turned around and asked what profession you are in, and whether you have any connection to or relationship to HP or any of its competitors.  How about responding?

I normally do not challenge the motives of posters on the forum.  I think it is a cheap shot, and assume that those who who sell HP products or work as a consultant to HP  will disclose that, as several have.  And that doesn't lessen the value of their opinions and in some cases means that they have a greater understanding of the product than the rest of us.  In point of fact, we benefit from the insights of those who sell HP products or are employed as consultants to HP.  They are honorable individuals, and we benefit from their participation in the forum.  So again, I don't ask about a person's employment.  That is a cheap shot and not one that I'll make.  But you did, and now we learn you don't even own the Z3100.

But since you took the cheap shot at me, consider it returned, and I'm still waiting for the response.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 09:11:08 pm by marty m »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up