Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Profiles gone mad  (Read 2534 times)

KAP

• http://www.kevinallenphotography.co.uk
Profiles gone mad
« on: April 26, 2007, 12:12:40 pm »

I have been printing on an Epson 2100, I mostly have been using Ilford Gallery Pearl. I have been wondering about using some fancy stuff. I bought the Printfixpro calibrator (I calibrate the monitor with an eyeone).
I have created a profile for the Ilford paper, but I now can't print anything anywhere near the onscreen image. Even if I go back to the Ilford downloaded profile it's completely wrong. It's all so far out I thought my printheads must be blocked. Even the softproof image via Photoshop looks weird. What could be going wrong hear? I'm printing via Photoshop, I've tried Perceptual, Relative etc with black point and without. It's all gone pear shaped.
The only other difference is I'm printing from scanned images instead of my normal 1DsmkII, but they all start off in Adobe 1998.

Ideas please,

Kevin.

KAP

• http://www.kevinallenphotography.co.uk
Profiles gone mad
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 12:47:40 pm »

...to add, I'm using a Mac via photoshop, premium semi gloss, advanced Photo 1440 dpi, no colour adjustment.

V64

Profiles gone mad
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 12:29:24 pm »

...to add, I'm using a Mac via photoshop, premium semi gloss, advanced Photo 1440 dpi, no colour adjustment.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114380\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

On an HP8450/Mac/PShop Elements and on HP8450/PC/QImage I found that I have to ensure that the printer is set to select the paper (HPPremiumGlossy) and its Color Management is set to ColourSync/RGB, and that PShop (QImage) use the Ilford Profiles for the paper/printer in use

Hope that helps - essentially 'use both Ilford and printer profiles'

David

rdonson

Profiles gone mad
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 12:39:16 pm »

In Photoshop are you:
Letting Photoshop manage colors?
Using the right profile? (you probably are)

In the print driver are you:
Are you setting color mgmt to "OFF" no color mgmt?

This article by Ian Lyons may help sort things out.Click here.

If you've got Photoshop and the print driver set up correctly and you're using PK instead of MK ink then its probably your profile that's at fault.
Regards,
Ron
Pages: [1]   Go Up