Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bridge CS3 mystery, missing item in Tools menu  (Read 7193 times)

Lito Tejada-Flores

Bridge CS3 mystery, missing item in Tools menu
« on: April 25, 2007, 09:37:02 am »

Hello everyone, I recently purchased and installed Photoshop CS3 on my Mac G4 Powerbook. Everything works great except for one thing. In Bridge CS3 you are supposed to see Photoshop at the bottom of the Tools fly-out menu, and this give access to Batch processing, Photomerge and other Photoshop functions from Bridge...but it is not there. I have uninstalled, and then reinstalled Photoshop CS3 several times with no result. That Tools Menu item is still missing in Bridge. Any suggestions or help with this dilemma would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks   Lito

Greg Barnett

• http://
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 11:22:42 am »

Do you have the "Photoshop Services" script enabled in the Bridge Startup Scripts preferences? If so, then I would suspect that the script is either missing or not getting installed properly.

Lito Tejada-Flores

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 11:34:52 am »

Do you have the "Photoshop Services" script enabled in the Bridge Startup Scripts preferences? If so, then I would suspect that the script is either missing or not getting installed properly.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114189\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hello Greg, thanks for the suggestion, but yes, that script is enabled and seems to be in place on my Mac. To make matters more complex, I am currently in South America and bought and downloaded my Ps CS3 upgrade over the internet so I can´t call Adobe for help from this remote corner of Patagonia... Since my initial post I have used Adobe Setup to completely uninstall and then reinstall Ps CS3 several times, all to no avail.
In addition to the Photoshop item not showing up in my Bridge CS3 Tools menu, I also notice that Bridge Home is missing in the Favorites pane in Bridge CS3. So any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.ç
Cheers   Lito

pminicucci

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 03:15:24 pm »

Lito:

Are you installing CS3 in the default location (Applications folder on the boot volume)? And did you have to uninstall the CS3 PS beta?

Re the Favorites panel, look in the Window menu of Bridge to see if the Favorites Panel is checked.

Hello Greg, thanks for the suggestion, but yes, that script is enabled and seems to be in place on my Mac. To make matters more complex, I am currently in South America and bought and downloaded my Ps CS3 upgrade over the internet so I can´t call Adobe for help from this remote corner of Patagonia... Since my initial post I have used Adobe Setup to completely uninstall and then reinstall Ps CS3 several times, all to no avail.
In addition to the Photoshop item not showing up in my Bridge CS3 Tools menu, I also notice that Bridge Home is missing in the Favorites pane in Bridge CS3. So any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated.ç
Cheers   Lito
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115347\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Best,
Pat

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 08:17:04 pm »

I've had this issue with CS2 and the solution I seem to recall was to reset prefs.
Press Cntrl+ Alt+Shift/CmD+Opt+Shft as you start Bridge.
Nothing to do with Mac folder locations.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 08:18:00 pm by jjj »
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Lito Tejada-Flores

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 09:36:33 am »

Thanks for the recent replies but indeed I have installed Photoshop CS3 (hence also Bridge CS3) in the default location. And also, about the favorites panel. That panel shows up, it is just missing one important icon namely Bridge Home. And of course the Tools Menu flyout is missing the Photoshop link. Did I mention I was using a Mac G4 Powerbook? I am flying home to the United States in a couple of weeks and am more or less resigned to spending hours on the phone trying to contact an Adobe tech person... I will try that reseting preferences thing though...}Thanks to all   Lito

Greg Barnett

• http://
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 11:39:12 am »

If the preference reset doen't work then I'd say you've definitely got a problem with the start-up scripts themselves. Did you have the CS3 beta installed? If so, did you run the clean-up script to remove it? Even if you didn't install the beta, you might want to give the script a try and see if it can give you a cleaner re-install environment.
Pages: [1]   Go Up