Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5D raw wont open in CS2 / ACR: wrong file names?  (Read 4933 times)

Limosa

5D raw wont open in CS2 / ACR: wrong file names?
« on: April 23, 2007, 06:04:58 am »

Hi, New to this forum with pressing question. Just bought a 5d and cannot open its raw files in PS2 / ACR. I vaguely remember having read somewhere about file names having the wrong format, and suspect this is the case here: they're called like _MG_0001.CR2 . It should be IMG_0001.CR2, no?

How to change this?

Luckily they do open in Lightroom, but I want to see them in ACR too, AND I want 'normal' file names for Pete's sake!

Thanks in advance for any help,

Rik

ps Learning Luminous Landscape forum interface on the fly: "description" is added behind "title" and cannot be edited... hmmmn
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 06:07:22 am by Limosa »

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 06:14:00 am »

There is a Camera RAW update that you do not have completely installed. Downloading and installing the latest update will solve the reading problem. As to the file name, the behavior is by design; the leading _ means that the file is tagged with the Adobe RGB color space instead of sRGB. If you don't like the file names, familiarize yourself with the batch rename function in bridge. I rename all of my files in the format YYYY-MM-DD_XXXX.dng where Y, M, and D are year, month, and day, and XXXX is a 4-digit counter of the shots taken for the day. It makes sorting images from multiple cameras in the order taken much easier, no matter what the cameras name the files.

Limosa

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 06:40:47 am »

Thanks! So the two issues aren't related at all. Duh. Hate to do this kind of homework but I'll look into Canon firmware updates. For the moment I'll prioritise learning how to batch-rename in Bridge behind other slightly less tedious chores. (Why cant I just select the file name format I want in the camera's menu, Canon are you listening?)  but thanks for the tip anyway.  

have a nice day!

Rik

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 12:17:12 pm »

The file open problem is not a Canon update thing, it's an Adobe update thing. You want ACR updates, not camera firmware updates.

Limosa

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2007, 05:47:00 pm »

yep I noticed, thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up