Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ethics of calling a photo my own  (Read 10279 times)

jacunivac

Ethics of calling a photo my own
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2007, 03:08:49 pm »

Three tips for next time.

1. After your friend takes the picture give her a buck and have her sign something that says you have all rights to the picture. You could probably still get her to do this. Say your just trying to keep things legal.

2. If she refuses the buck give her $1000. I'd bet she'd sign for that. Problem is you'd have to sell a lot of copies to make up your investment (payola).

3. If that doesn't work, go to Fry's or some large electronic store. Buy a tripod, $29.00 to $1000+. The $29 would work just fine. Your camera has a 10 second timer. You can walk pretty far in 10 seconds. Some people can run 100 meters in less. Doesn't look like she was standing very far from you. Set the timer, push the button, run, walk or skip to the spot, "sound of camera clicking". Repeat 10 times or so (better chance for a good picture than 3) until you are too tired to do it anymore.

Voile´

Jac

flowerbells

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2007, 07:33:01 pm »

jac,

Very cute and funny.

Do you think I could get her to sign that it's a self portrait?

She did not want her name on my website -- only her initials.  Or maybe her first name, since that's what I used.   What my website says is:

"In the self-portrait above, the artist is seen as only a small part of Nature, which surrounds her. This photo was made possible with help from flo's friend Phyllis. "

flo

Three tips for next time.

1. After your friend takes the picture give her a buck and have her sign something that says you have all rights to the picture. You could probably still get her to do this. Say your just trying to keep things legal.

2. If she refuses the buck give her $1000. I'd bet she'd sign for that. Problem is you'd have to sell a lot of copies to make up your investment (payola).

3. If that doesn't work, go to Fry's or some large electronic store. Buy a tripod, $29.00 to $1000+. The $29 would work just fine. Your camera has a 10 second timer. You can walk pretty far in 10 seconds. Some people can run 100 meters in less. Doesn't look like she was standing very far from you. Set the timer, push the button, run, walk or skip to the spot, "sound of camera clicking". Repeat 10 times or so (better chance for a good picture than 3) until you are too tired to do it anymore.

Voile´

Jac
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115033\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

jacunivac

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2007, 07:59:31 am »

I think your solution sounds like a good one. It is a self portrait with a little help. All she did was push the button. I think the politically correct and legalese environment we live in makes a mountain out of a molehill sometimes.

Best of luck,

Jac
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up