Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing problem with Mac OS X 10.4.8 and 10.4.9 o  (Read 6278 times)

Bobby Lee

Printing problem with Mac OS X 10.4.8 and 10.4.9 o
« on: April 23, 2007, 04:30:19 am »

Hi, I have problem printing with Epson 4800 and 3850 under OS X 10.4.8 and 10.4.9 (PowerPC as well as Intel MacPro).

A light blue cast was printed over empty space / white area on the selected paper size's printed area.  I tried printing from CS2, Word, FilemakerPro and TextEdit with the same problem.  It happened even on blank Word document.

Epson does not have an answer.

I would like to know if anyone has the same problem and if there is a solution.

Thanks.

Bobby

LoisWakeman

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2007, 11:26:45 am »

Hard to tell with so little info! I assume you have checked the RGB values of the original bitmap and made sure that white is really white and not blue?

Roy

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2007, 03:54:00 pm »

I would like to know if anyone has the same problem and if there is a solution.

Thanks.

Bobby
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is a bug in ColorSync that was discussed in this thread:
[a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=13790]http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=13790[/url]

In that case, it affected only pink tones. However, you might try investigating what default driver is set in ColorSync for the printers in question and try changing it to GenericRGB. If that doesn't help, try downloading and reinstalling the printer drivers.
Roy

Bobby Lee

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2007, 08:20:09 pm »

There is a bug in ColorSync that was discussed in this thread:
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=13790

In that case, it affected only pink tones. However, you might try investigating what default driver is set in ColorSync for the printers in question and try changing it to GenericRGB. If that doesn't help, try downloading and reinstalling the printer drivers.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113850\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Many thanks for the info.  I will try it our today.

Bobby

Bobby Lee

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 08:23:56 am »

Many thanks for the info.  I will try it our today.

Bobby
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113885\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Dear all,

I have tried a few things.  Included delete printer driver and re-install it,  Reset Printer.  Downgrade my MacPro from 10.4.9 to 10.4.8, verifly and repaired profiles with Colorsync Utility.  They all didn't help.

I even MSN with Epson UK help desk, they do not have a solution.  I would like to ask is anyone using MacPro under OS X 10.4.8 or 10.4.9 have the same problem.  To explain it once again, the problem is whatever software I use the printer always print a very very light blue overcast on empty area.  I tried it not just with CS2 but also with Word and TextEdit.  They all the same, it start printing all over the printed area (less the margine) even if it was a blank page!

Other software I use besides those come with the OS are Photo Mechanic, DXO, Noise Ninja, Microsoft Office and PhotoRescue.

I really do not know how to fix the problem (since I cannot locate the problem).

Bobby

Bobby Lee

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 11:40:38 am »

Dear all,

I have tried a few things.  Included delete printer driver and re-install it,  Reset Printer.  Downgrade my MacPro from 10.4.9 to 10.4.8, verifly and repaired profiles with Colorsync Utility.  They all didn't help.

I even MSN with Epson UK help desk, they do not have a solution.  I would like to ask is anyone using MacPro under OS X 10.4.8 or 10.4.9 have the same problem.  To explain it once again, the problem is whatever software I use the printer always print a very very light blue overcast on empty area.  I tried it not just with CS2 but also with Word and TextEdit.  They all the same, it start printing all over the printed area (less the margine) even if it was a blank page!

Other software I use besides those come with the OS are Photo Mechanic, DXO, Noise Ninja, Microsoft Office and PhotoRescue.

I really do not know how to fix the problem (since I cannot locate the problem).

Bobby
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113964\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Forgot to mention.  It is the same with my G4 PowerBook with OS X 10.4.9 (PowerPC version) with the same software installed.  I have printed on another 4800 and a 3850 (Hong Kong version) and have the same problem.  I also tested my 4800 with a PC laptop and it ran fine!

Bobby

Roy

• http://
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2007, 12:19:16 pm »

Dear all,

I have tried a few things.  Included delete printer driver and re-install it,  Reset Printer.  Downgrade my MacPro from 10.4.9 to 10.4.8, verifly and repaired profiles with Colorsync Utility.  They all didn't help.

Bobby
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113964\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Did you make sure that the default profile for your printer is the Generic RGB Profile, as described in the thread I directed you to?

In summary:

- run the colorsync utility
- select "Devices"
- find the list of profiles for the printer you are having problems with
- the default profile will have a blue dot beside it.
- click on the name of default profile
- you will now see "factory profile" and "current profile" listed for the default
- change "current profile" to point to /System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Generic RGB Profile.icc
- make a new test print
Roy

Bobby Lee

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2007, 12:59:23 pm »

Did you make sure that the default profile for your printer is the Generic RGB Profile, as described in the thread I directed you to?

In summary:

- run the colorsync utility
- select "Devices"
- find the list of profiles for the printer you are having problems with
- the default profile will have a blue dot beside it.
- click on the name of default profile
- you will now see "factory profile" and "current profile" listed for the default
- change "current profile" to point to /System/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Generic RGB Profile.icc
- make a new test print
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114021\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Roy,

I will try it out in the morning (my time now is 1am).  I will post the result.  Many thanks.

Bobby

Bobby Lee

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2007, 10:11:12 pm »

Hi Roy,

I will try it out in the morning (my time now is 1am).  I will post the result.  Many thanks.

Bobby
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114026\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Roy,

I have tried that on my PowerBook under OS X 10.4.9, the problem remain the same, still trying to find out where the problem is!

Thank you for your help.

Bobby

francois

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 02:25:50 am »

Hi Roy,

I have tried that on my PowerBook under OS X 10.4.9, the problem remain the same, still trying to find out where the problem is!

Thank you for your help.

Bobby
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bobby,
Is the blue cast present when you print without using a printer profile? IOW: when you let your printer do color manangement. Have you checked for nozzle clogs? I doubt that it would cause that kind of problems but who knows. Is your printer connected via Epson USB or Epson FW? What happens if you print from another user account?
From your first post, I understand that you already performed a Printing System Reset, if it's not the case then do it. As a last effort, you can download PrinterSetup Repair from [a href=\"http://fixamac.net/]fixamac.net[/url]. The demo versoin is fully functional for a few days.
Keep us posted and good luck!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 02:29:15 am by francois »
Francois

Bobby Lee

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 07:58:21 pm »

Bobby,
Is the blue cast present when you print without using a printer profile? IOW: when you let your printer do color manangement. Have you checked for nozzle clogs? I doubt that it would cause that kind of problems but who knows. Is your printer connected via Epson USB or Epson FW? What happens if you print from another user account?
From your first post, I understand that you already performed a Printing System Reset, if it's not the case then do it. As a last effort, you can download PrinterSetup Repair from fixamac.net. The demo versoin is fully functional for a few days.
Keep us posted and good luck!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114149\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Francois,

Many thanks for the info.  Epson's technician has already checked the 4800 and it works find when connected to a PC!  So I think it should be something to do with my Mac.  I will install my system on a bootable external harddisk and see if I can print it right without affecting by any software.  If not I will download the PrinterSetup Repair software and see if it helps!  Thank you very much again.

Bobby

francois

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2007, 06:15:02 am »

Hi Francois,

Many thanks for the info.  Epson's technician has already checked the 4800 and it works find when connected to a PC!  So I think it should be something to do with my Mac.  I will install my system on a bootable external harddisk and see if I can print it right without affecting by any software.  If not I will download the PrinterSetup Repair software and see if it helps!  Thank you very much again.

Bobby
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114269\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bobby,
Since you have an external drive, try to install a fresh system. Then download the latest drivers from Epson website, add your printer as Epson USB or Epson FW (gimp-print) and try to print. Another thing you might do: open the console (Utilities>Console.app) and see if erro messages are displayed when you print.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:21:13 am by francois »
Francois

Bobby Lee

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2007, 09:13:45 am »

Bobby,
Since you have an external drive, try to install a fresh system. Then download the latest drivers from Epson website, add your printer as Epson USB or Epson FW (gimp-print) and try to print. Another thing you might do: open the console (Utilities>Console.app) and see if erro messages are displayed when you print.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114318\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the info.  I actually borrowed an external drive with OS X 10.4.8 and boot my MacPro with it.  I then download the Epson driver and make a print.  The blue tone has gone.  I launch applications from my original drive and they also print fine!  So the problem should be within the system.  But how can I find the bug from the system?  Of course I can clear my MacPro and re-install everything like fresh but it will not even cost me time but also have to send email to DXO to ask for another activation, very time costing process!

Any chance you know how to get the bug?

Bobby

francois

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2007, 09:29:41 am »

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the info.  I actually borrowed an external drive with OS X 10.4.8 and boot my MacPro with it.  I then download the Epson driver and make a print.  The blue tone has gone.  I launch applications from my original drive and they also print fine!  So the problem should be within the system.  But how can I find the bug from the system?  Of course I can clear my MacPro and re-install everything like fresh but it will not even cost me time but also have to send email to DXO to ask for another activation, very time costing process!

Any chance you know how to get the bug?

Bobby
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114340\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
There's one thing you can do to see if the problem lies in the whole system or in your user only. Go into Sytem Preferences and create a new user. Log-in as this new user, add a printer and try to print. If the problem remains then it's very likely that the issue is system-wide. If the issue is solved, it means that some preference files in your original user account ar corrupted in some way.

Keep me posted.
Francois

Bobby Lee

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2007, 10:04:25 am »

There's one thing you can do to see if the problem lies in the whole system or in your user only. Go into Sytem Preferences and create a new user. Log-in as this new user, add a printer and try to print. If the problem remains then it's very likely that the issue is system-wide. If the issue is solved, it means that some preference files in your original user account ar corrupted in some way.

Keep me posted.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114341\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Francois,

Many thanks for the tip.  I will try it out tomorrow.

Bobby

Bobby Lee

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2007, 03:42:25 am »

Hi Francois,

Many thanks for the tip.  I will try it out tomorrow.

Bobby
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114349\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Francois,

I have tried with a new user log in with my PowerBook.  The problem has gone, so it will be the user's file problem.  Please advise what am I going to do next!

Thank you very much for your help.

Bobby

francois

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2007, 03:44:21 am »

Hi Francois,

I have tried with a new user log in with my PowerBook.  The problem has gone, so it will be the user's file problem.  Please advise what am I going to do next!

Thank you very much for your help.

Bobby
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114501\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Bobby,
I need to go out of the office for the morning. I'll make suggestions as I return. But your situation looks better now.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 03:44:47 am by francois »
Francois

Bobby Lee

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2007, 05:10:37 am »

Bobby,
I need to go out of the office for the morning. I'll make suggestions as I return. But your situation looks better now.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114502\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Francois,

I have sorted out the bug!  It was the monitor profile generated by ColorEyes Pro 1.0.  I am going to upgrade the software and see if it helps!  I will update with you once I have try out the update!

Thanks for all the help.

Bobby

francois

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2007, 06:20:16 am »

Hi Francois,

I have sorted out the bug!  It was the monitor profile generated by ColorEyes Pro 1.0.  I am going to upgrade the software and see if it helps!  I will update with you once I have try out the update!

Thanks for all the help.

Bobby
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=114509\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Glad to hear that your issue is solved now.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up