Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which back is best "for" moiree issues?  (Read 2274 times)

BHolland

Which back is best "for" moiree issues?
« on: April 20, 2007, 05:09:21 am »

Hi,

I've had rather bad experience with a P25, especially the moiree on business suits. (I mean luminance moiree – the colour moiree is easy to get rid of). I'm looking into purchasing a P30+ back for the Hasselblad H2.
Apparently the moiree handling is much better on the P30, but I hear it's not gone completely.

Has anyone got experience with business shoots and other backs, such as the Imacon back? What's your take on this?
Ultimately, the resolution is not my main concern. I'd be happy to shoot lower pixel count as long as the moiree is handled well. (35mm DSLRs are not an option unfortunately).

Thanks very much
Bjorn

clawery

• http://www.captureintegration.com  / www.chrislawery.com
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 11:27:06 am »

Bjorn,

Your best bet would be with a P30+ or a P45+.  Here is a link to an article from 2006 showing a comparison of the P30 and P45. Since the new P+s are just being released, I hope to have some new side-by-side tests soon.  

http://www.phaseone.com/upload/reviewp30_p45_001.pdf

Thank you,
Chris

Chris Lawery
Sales Manager
Capture Integration

(404)234-5195   Cell
(404)522-7662  Office
(404)522-7929   Fax
www.captureintegration.com
chris@captureintegration.com

Khun_K

• http://
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 11:59:17 am »

Hi,

I've had rather bad experience with a P25, especially the moiree on business suits. (I mean luminance moiree – the colour moiree is easy to get rid of). I'm looking into purchasing a P30+ back for the Hasselblad H2.
Apparently the moiree handling is much better on the P30, but I hear it's not gone completely.

Has anyone got experience with business shoots and other backs, such as the Imacon back? What's your take on this?
Ultimately, the resolution is not my main concern. I'd be happy to shoot lower pixel count as long as the moiree is handled well. (35mm DSLRs are not an option unfortunately).

Thanks very much
Bjorn
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113375\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I use both P45 (on Contax 645) and H3D39 (obvious only on H3) for some assignment and in few occasions tried/tested both on fine art tapestry of extreme detail and swimsuit with Lycra fabrics. I came to a conlcusion, at least from my onw works, that P45 seemed to be superior in dealing withe complicate pattern and get away with moire, still exhibits some times, but less than H3D39. I am not so sure how big a role the lens resolution play here besides the software issue.  I stepped up from P25 to P45 and can confirm P45 is a lot better than P25, but I do not know other models of Phase.

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 02:38:48 pm »

Hi,

Thanks very much
Bjorn
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113375\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

stepped up from a P20 (same chip as P25, only smaller) to a P30 and moire is much much improved....still there sometimes, but much much less and easier to control and get rid of.....used to have a leaf valeo before and that also showed moire.....i don't think there is a capture device out there yet that shows absolutely no moire ever, so it is a matter of finding the one that shows the least.....i think the P30 and P45 might be the ones....
Pages: [1]   Go Up