Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Major Major Aptus 75 Problem  (Read 10313 times)

Eric Zepeda

• http://www.ericzepeda.com
Major Major Aptus 75 Problem
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 11:17:37 am »

I am still trying to figure out why I have been  getting a different image file with the same work flow. I have been shooting the same way with the aptus back for almost a year?

This week I am on another shoot and started the day with another Major Major problem. Half the image was green tint the other had magenta tint. This is after I did the gain adjuster to solve the centerfold and color cast. While I was talking to Leaf in Los Angeles and NY I thought about the only thing different with my work flow  was trying the 10.1 beta. When I asked if this could be the problem I was currently having I reset the preference in the Leaf software and the tints went away.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113944\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

John, staying on topic, could corrupted prefs in v8 be the cause of the first issue? I have had some quirks in v8 that were only rectified when I trashed prefs. I doubt it's this simple a fix, and you've probably tried it already. I would also try reinstalling v8 if you haven't done so and see if anything changes. I have been opening files in v8 and then in v10 and have not seen any issues that would lead me to believe that your issue is related to the different versions.

I tend to agree with Eric S. that the gain exposure seems suspect, but the fact that you have not had problems before leads me in the direction of corrupted prefs/software.

Best Regards,

Eric Zepeda
Eric Zepeda
 www.ericzepeda.com

Boghb

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2007, 04:00:48 pm »

If you are getting the cast with only one lens, check the shutter.  A faulty shutter can cause heavy cast in the magenta/green channel.

pixjohn

« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 04:55:59 pm »

Update, No update and no solution yet. It also looks like i am not the only person with this problem. I just sent new files to Leaf to evaluate.

How do Phase users solve the lens falloff with wide angle lenses, without using a centerfilter?

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2007, 03:29:17 am »

Update, No update and no solution yet. It also looks like i am not the only person with this problem. I just sent new files to Leaf to evaluate.

How do Phase users solve the lens falloff with wide angle lenses, without using a centerfilter?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=116226\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I cannot tell you how Phase users solve this. I use my aptus on 35mm equipment which means I now and then get severe vignetting or fall-off. I sometimes correct this with PS.

It is a fairly simple solution for fall-off (other than the the gain adjustment tool in LC). Take one image with the perspex thingy on your lens.

Use levels in PS to make the center white.

Import the file as a layer and put the layer mode in screen (thought it was screen but I will get back to that later if incorrect).

Another levels adjustment layer on top and you can control the amount of fall-off reduction.

For large quantities of files you can make an action out of this.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 03:32:52 am by Dustbak »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up