Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: need help with the Aptus and Leaf Capture  (Read 3793 times)

rueyloon

• http://www.36frames.com
need help with the Aptus and Leaf Capture
« on: April 18, 2007, 01:29:14 pm »

hello

hi, I have the aptus 65 and I think the documentation can be better, I hope I can get some of my questions answered through sharing here.

1) When I open a folder containing .mos files in Leaf Capture 10, the program will automatically generate preview Jpegs in the background, is there anyway to control this behavior ?

2) When I shoot with the Aptus on my Mamiya 645, I noticed that at times my preference is forgotten, is there a way to retain it ?

3) At times the Aptus will fail to recognize my CF card and I can't even format it so that I can start shooting, anyone else facing this ? This forces me to take along my DSLR just to format my CF card in an emergency. I'm using a trio of Lexar 2gig cards.

4) Are there any descriptions to all these in-built profiles ? short of trying out each and everyone out.

5) Can you guys share your work flow ? Currently I'm using Leaf Capture to batch process All the images from a shoot, I do my pruning and editing afterwards.

JTFOTO

• http://
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 02:17:05 pm »

Hey Ruey,

Not being condescending.  But shouldn't your dealer or Leaf America be giving you free support on this issue.  You should get on the phone to the Leaf people and have them help you or maybe Yair can chime in and help.

I have had a lot of problems with Lexar cards.  I only use SanDisk now and have never had a problem.  After all, they invented the technology and license it to everyone else.

Below is the number for Leaf support.  Ask for the famous Rick or barrage your dealer for support.

LEAF America

1-866-4US-LEAF

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 02:31:28 pm »

Ruey,

I use Sandisk which hasn't given me any problems (Extreme III 8Gb). I have some Lexar 1Gb which I don't us that often, those things haven't given me any problems either.

In my process I only use Leaf Capture when:

1) I have worked any ISO from 200 and above
2) Portrait work

All others I process in ACR or Lightroom, it takes too long to process everything in LC10.

I have been told by many that Raw Developer might be even better than LC10, faster and more stable. I have a 30 day try-out but still haven't gotten around to testing it.

JT is right on Leaf America being very quick in providing help & answers. From Singapore I suggest emailing

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 09:13:22 pm »

hello

hi, I have the aptus 65 and I think the documentation can be better, I hope I can get some of my questions answered through sharing here.

1) When I open a folder containing .mos files in Leaf Capture 10, the program will automatically generate preview Jpegs in the background, is there anyway to control this behavior ?

2) When I shoot with the Aptus on my Mamiya 645, I noticed that at times my preference is forgotten, is there a way to retain it ?

3) At times the Aptus will fail to recognize my CF card and I can't even format it so that I can start shooting, anyone else facing this ? This forces me to take along my DSLR just to format my CF card in an emergency. I'm using a trio of Lexar 2gig cards.

4) Are there any descriptions to all these in-built profiles ? short of trying out each and everyone out.

5) Can you guys share your work flow ? Currently I'm using Leaf Capture to batch process All the images from a shoot, I do my pruning and editing afterwards.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113100\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ruey:

It is recommended that you dedicate CF cards to the Aptus, in case you're sharing between Leaf, Canon, etc. If you have a problem with a card formatting in the Aptus, format it in your computer in DOS and re-name the card LEAF-CF.

I will send you some PDF tutorials I wrote up that include some (subjective) descriptions of the Leaf Color Profiles.

Guess JT didn't read through your profile, huh?

Steve Hendrix
Professional Photo Resources
www.ppratlanta.com
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

Gustavo_Marx

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 10:49:36 pm »

hello

Hello Ruey,

I'm 99% a portable shooter so I will try to describe my workflow
I set gray balance using the gray card that is provided with the Aptus ( I have many other gray cards, but I think the one from leaf work better), reset the file numbering in the back for every job, rename , select compress, select the develop curve,  select the input profile and click on ok.
Shoot.
Downloand the cards to a numbered folder inside a main folder on your mac.
Open Lc10, open that numbered folder, select all images and than change any parameter, like develop curve from Product to Portrait and than go back to Product.
After that I save all the files.
This way you will have your compressed files turned to decompress.
After that, I throw all the LargeMonitor jpegs already created by Lc10, in iView for editing.

To process the images I use Lc 10 only.

If you have any problems, feel free to ask me directly from Singapore to Brazil.

Gus
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 10:50:44 pm by Gustavo_Marx »

Henry Goh

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 12:21:00 am »

hello

OT.......

rueyloon:

I'm researching MFDB and am also in Singapore.  I would like to ask you of your experience dealing with the local Leaf agent.  Have you found good strong tech support?  How is their product knowledge?

Grateful to hear from you.  PM me if you think that is more appropriate.  Thanks.

Henry Goh

cap-fai

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 12:47:49 am »

hello

Hi Ruey,

For the CF card, you can turn on the Aptus back without CF card first.  Then plug it in and do the format.  If you cannot do the format even at this procedure, you need to do a "7-pass Erase" procedure in the mac disk utility one time and this would help you in the rest of time.

rueyloon

• http://www.36frames.com
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 10:20:19 am »

OT.......

rueyloon:

I'm researching MFDB and am also in Singapore.  I would like to ask you of your experience dealing with the local Leaf agent.  Have you found good strong tech support?  How is their product knowledge?

Grateful to hear from you.  PM me if you think that is more appropriate.  Thanks.

Henry Goh
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113191\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The local agent is very active, they do care. There are plus and minus points but at least you know they are around and with enough man power to attend to you problems.

cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up