Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: EPSON 7800 Service  (Read 8711 times)

williamrohr

EPSON 7800 Service
« on: April 18, 2007, 12:46:59 am »

6 months ago I purchased an Epson 7800 and suddenly had a problem with one nozzle not firing and could not get it cleared up and functioning with power clean.  I called Epson ... several hours later a service technician arranged an appointment  .... next day he arrived and a few hours later had it up and running perfectly ... amazing service!!!  Cannot believe such great service exists for any product these days .... all the more amazing when you realize I live a good 4 hours north of San Francisco meaning the service technician had to leave before 8 AM to get here.  Super KUDOS to Epson and my advice to anyone  ... you can't do better than Epson .... great quality prints and even better service.  Bill

Greg_E

EPSON 7800 Service
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 08:45:17 pm »

Wait until you have to pay for that service, your mood will really change fast. I suggest either extending the service contract, or consider buying a new printer if you are out of the contract and have a similar problem. That service call would have been about $600, yes you do pay for the time they spend driving to your shop.

shsmith

EPSON 7800 Service
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 11:00:45 pm »

Wait until you have to pay for that service, your mood will really change fast. I suggest either extending the service contract, or consider buying a new printer if you are out of the contract and have a similar problem. That service call would have been about $600, yes you do pay for the time they spend driving to your shop.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113171\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Greg,

I am in the market for a 7800. What is the cost of extending the service contract?

Thanks,

Stephen

Kuryan Thomas

EPSON 7800 Service
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 07:46:29 am »

I am in the market for a 7800. What is the cost of extending the service contract?
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm not Greg, but:

[a href=\"http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=Search&A=details&Q=&sku=407381&is=REG&addedTroughType=search]2 year extended[/url]

1 year extended

Greg_E

EPSON 7800 Service
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 10:18:40 am »

Check Inkjet art, their prices might be slightly less. I seem to recall that it was about $100 les, but I could be wrong.

I need to check into HP and Canon wide format service. For Epson I can't even go and pay for the training to service their printers, so you are locked into their pricing (which is often a ripoff and manty of the techs really don't know what they are doing). I'm hoping that HP and Canon have more flexible service training, if they do I might spend the money to become a certified filed repair person for them.

Kuryan Thomas

EPSON 7800 Service
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2007, 06:16:33 pm »

Check Inkjet art, their prices might be slightly less. I seem to recall that it was about $100 les, but I could be wrong.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href=\"http://www.inkjetart.com/pro/accessories.html]Slightly more expensive at InkjetArt.[/url]

shsmith

EPSON 7800 Service
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2007, 10:55:45 pm »

I'm not Greg, but:

2 year extended

1 year extended
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113220\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks not greg!  

No, really, thanks Kuryan. I assume you can buy the coverage anytime in the first year while it is  still under epsons' coverage? Trying to spread my spending around a little bit.

Cheers,

Stephen

Greg_E

EPSON 7800 Service
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 04:25:16 pm »

Everything that I've read says that you can buy it at any time while covered. I think you can even buy after your coverage lapses, but I bet it isn't cheap.

madmanchan

• Web
EPSON 7800 Service
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2007, 05:50:51 pm »

I don't know about the 7800, but for the 3800, you have to buy the extended coverage during the 1st year. After the 1st year passes, you can no longer buy the coverage.

The extended coverage is an extension from the time the printer was purchased, not from the time the coverage was purchased. Just FYI.
Eric Chan

ed j

EPSON 7800 Service
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007, 12:17:13 am »

fixing the basics on a epson is not hard. get the repair manual.

i replaced the head on my 9600 after about 15000 sq/ft of materil . plus the dampers, also 4 pumps and caping stations and at least 12 of the chip sensors.

2nd set of heads is dying again about 10,1000 sq/ft of  material. i think i'm gonna put old bettsie to rest this time and get me 7800. with rebates can get it for $2220 delivered.  80% of what i do is 24" or smaller

any body want to buy her for parts or fix  it. parts are about $700 plus your time.

6 months ago I purchased an Epson 7800 and suddenly had a problem with one nozzle not firing and could not get it cleared up and functioning with power clean.  I called Epson ... several hours later a service technician arranged an appointment  .... next day he arrived and a few hours later had it up and running perfectly ... amazing service!!!  Cannot believe such great service exists for any product these days .... all the more amazing when you realize I live a good 4 hours north of San Francisco meaning the service technician had to leave before 8 AM to get here.  Super KUDOS to Epson and my advice to anyone  ... you can't do better than Epson .... great quality prints and even better service.  Bill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112993\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

ed j

EPSON 7800 Service
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2007, 10:36:11 am »

6 months ago I purchased an Epson 7800 and suddenly had a problem with one nozzle not firing and could not get it cleared up and functioning with power clean.  I called Epson ... several hours later a service technician arranged an appointment  .... next day he arrived and a few hours later had it up and running perfectly ... amazing service!!!  Cannot believe such great service exists for any product these days .... all the more amazing when you realize I live a good 4 hours north of San Francisco meaning the service technician had to leave before 8 AM to get here.  Super KUDOS to Epson and my advice to anyone  ... you can't do better than Epson .... great quality prints and even better service.  Bill
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112993\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

sounds great. what did the teck to to fix it.

Ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up