Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: z3100 easy printer care does not see printer  (Read 4920 times)

Natermo

• http://www.suncrestdigital.com
z3100 easy printer care does not see printer
« on: April 17, 2007, 01:20:29 pm »

After I had the driver crash from the too many custom paper problem, I did the recommended steps to remove the custom paper sizes and then proceded to uninstall and reinstall the driver, easy printer care and color center.  I used the latest driver and software downloaded right from the HP site.  Now my easy printer care software comes up but does not see my printer.  I can print a test page and even print from Photoshop and Qimage but no luck with color center or easy printer care software.  I spent an hour and a half with HP support and no luck.  My laptop PC with the same software on it communicates just fine with the easy printer care software.  So at this point I must use my laptop to profile and calibrate etc... and my Powerhouse desktop for printing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled software several times with no luck.

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 01:34:40 pm »

Have you used the "Find Other Printers" option on the left side of the main HP Easy Printer Care screen? If not, select this and then use the option to enter in the IP address of the printer (I assume the printer is connected via a network cable).

This is what I had to do after a driver crash and reinstallation.

Hope this helps,
Jim

After I had the driver crash from the too many custom paper problem, I did the recommended steps to remove the custom paper sizes and then proceded to uninstall and reinstall the driver, easy printer care and color center.  I used the latest driver and software downloaded right from the HP site.  Now my easy printer care software comes up but does not see my printer.  I can print a test page and even print from Photoshop and Qimage but no luck with color center or easy printer care software.  I spent an hour and a half with HP support and no luck.  My laptop PC with the same software on it communicates just fine with the easy printer care software.  So at this point I must use my laptop to profile and calibrate etc... and my Powerhouse desktop for printing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled software several times with no luck.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112889\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

Natermo

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 02:24:15 pm »

Yes I tried find other printer and typed in the IP and still did not find it.

Have you used the "Find Other Printers" option on the left side of the main HP Easy Printer Care screen? If not, select this and then use the option to enter in the IP address of the printer (I assume the printer is connected via a network cable).

This is what I had to do after a driver crash and reinstallation.

Hope this helps,
Jim
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112896\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Jim Cole

• Jim Cole Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 02:29:53 pm »

[Good luck...I don't have any other ideas.
Jim Cole
Flagstaff, AZ www.jimcolephoto.

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 05:02:31 pm »

Check to make sure your printer is in the same net range and subnet as your network, and make sure it doesn't share an IP address with another device.
Regards,
 Marc Sitkin www.digitalmomentum

Natermo

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 07:12:11 pm »

Yes the network is the same.  I can even use my web browser to acess the printer but no go on easy printer care software.  Today I tried removing symantec antivirus and then remove and reinstall HP drivers and software. No go.  I even tried a static IP on the printer.  The HP driver installer sees the printer with the correct IP address during installation.  Just really wierd that I can see it with a browser but not with the HP software.  I'm getting closer to XP reinstall grrr.

Nathaniel

Check to make sure your printer is in the same net range and subnet as your network, and make sure it doesn't share an IP address with another device.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112938\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

chris anderson

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 08:21:11 am »

didyou restart the printer? my did the same thing, and that fixed it.

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 10:44:06 am »

Yes the network is the same.  I can even use my web browser to acess the printer but no go on easy printer care software.  Today I tried removing symantec antivirus and then remove and reinstall HP drivers and software. No go.  I even tried a static IP on the printer.  The HP driver installer sees the printer with the correct IP address during installation.  Just really wierd that I can see it with a browser but not with the HP software.  I'm getting closer to XP reinstall grrr.

Nathaniel
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112954\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you have a firewall running? If so, try to disable it.
Regards,

Natermo

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 11:35:01 am »

I have tried disabling the firewall.  No luck.  The really messed up thing is that before the driver crash, everything worked just fine.  I am going to reinstall XP today.

Do you have a firewall running? If so, try to disable it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113060\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Natermo

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 11:36:57 am »

I have tried restarting the printer, but I think I'll try that once more before I reinstall XP and all my programs.

didyou restart the printer? my did the same thing, and that fixed it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113042\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Natermo

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 05:53:00 pm »

Well I have reinstalled xp and all my programs and I found one problem for sure.  If you are using fast user switching (I was) and have more than one user (I have 2) when the other person is still logged in, and you switch users, Easy printer care will not see the printer, even if you put in the IP in the find option.  As soon as the other user logs off, you can see it.  Don't ask me why.  Seems to be working good now and I have disabled fast user switching for now until HP comes up with a fix for this.
I have tried restarting the printer, but I think I'll try that once more before I reinstall XP and all my programs.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113078\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 10:35:12 am »

I just had the exact same issue with the too many custom papers problem followed by the easycare not finding the printer.

Hp has recently posted a new easy printer care download that has a "scrubber" (their term-not mine} that does a better job of uninstalling the previous version and clearing registry values.

I was able to re-establish connections after installing the new Easy care download, followed by an uninstall and reinstall of the color center software. In the process, my print driver was also removed, and that needed a reinstall as well.

Although all of this was a royal pain, it must have been better than a complete reinstall of the OS and applications.

Marc Sitkin
Regards,

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 10:48:02 am »

Any idea how many "too many custom papers" are?  I'm anxious to avoid this problem.

Thanks

Mike

marcsitkin

• marcsitkinphotography
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 11:50:03 am »

Any idea how many "too many custom papers" are?  I'm anxious to avoid this problem.

Thanks

Mike
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=115339\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not sure Mike. I didn't delete any papers, just pulled about a dozen custom sizes out.

If there really is a limite to custom sizes, I'd be nice if HP put a warning in the software, or better yet made the preset sizes numerical. It's a paint to have to look up the Arch sizes all the time.
Regards,

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 12:21:14 pm »

Thanks Marc.
Yes, I meant custom paper sizes not profiles, sorry I should have been more specific.  

I think I have about a dozen-15 at the moment and could ax a couple that I won't use for the time being.  How many did you have when you ran into the problem....sounds like a lot more than me.

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up