Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAJOR APTUS PROBLEMS  (Read 21181 times)

pss

• http://www.schefz.com
MAJOR APTUS PROBLEMS
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2007, 01:21:16 pm »

I have now used the Leaf 65 on a Mamiya 645 twice courtesy of MAC Group and my local Leaf rep for evaluation. My use is for ad work. Both shoots were pretty costly studio shoots and failure was not an option. So you can be sure I had a lot of back up gear on site for everything.

The only problems I had was my own fumbling somewhat becuase of the newness of the software to me but bit all worked out. I had to make a phone call to my Leaf rep for a quick question. And I had a firewire cable that was getting a little tired so it got retired.

I can say I like the Leaf, I like the Mamiya and more than that I like the support. This is a good size purchase so I have been doing my home work and at this point I would have no problems with making the Leaf purchase.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113256\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

welcome to LL, thank you for your informative post, but you forgot to say something bad about phase....

James Russell

MAJOR APTUS PROBLEMS
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2007, 06:27:16 pm »

Anybody wanting to offload an Aptus cheap should send me an email.  I love bargains. troy@troyword.com
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here you go.

[a href=\"http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=16264]http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=16264[/url]

JTFOTO

• http://
MAJOR APTUS PROBLEMS
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2007, 08:49:09 pm »

Mr. Russell,

No need for a backup back?  Or have you acquired another Phase back?  or is it that you feel so secure with your Phase that you no longer need the troubles of Leaf.  

JTTJ
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 08:58:51 pm by JTFOTO »

SecondFocus

• SecondFocus
MAJOR APTUS PROBLEMS
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2007, 12:32:03 am »

welcome to LL, thank you for your informative post, but you forgot to say something bad about phase....
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113298\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually I have been watching LL for some time, just had nothing to say. I have nothing bad to say about Phase at all. As I considered going medium format digital I evaluated my needs and the way I work and it appeared that Leaf was a good solution for me. I gave the same thought and consideration about bodies and decided that Mamiya would be my best choice.

I was provided with the equipment to evaluate and the results were outstanding. I was treated well, I was supported and the results were excellent. I base my choice of gear equally as much by the support I am given by the people behind the gear whether it be cameras, strobes or even flash cards.

I base my decisions on quality, reliabilty, support and lastly price. That is what my clients expect and that is what I give them. I demand the same. Mamiya and Leaf meet my demands.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 12:32:32 am by SecondFocus »
Ian L. Sitren
[url=http://SecondFocus.co

Henry Goh

MAJOR APTUS PROBLEMS
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2007, 01:48:10 am »

Mr. Russell,

No need for a backup back?  Or have you acquired another Phase back?  or is it that you feel so secure with your Phase that you no longer need the troubles of Leaf.   

JTTJ
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113340\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Strange... I did not see Russell commenting on this thread so why drag him in?  Needs attention maybe?

James Russell

MAJOR APTUS PROBLEMS
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2007, 01:50:40 am »

Mr. Russell,

No need for a backup back?  Or have you acquired another Phase back?  or is it that you feel so secure with your Phase that you no longer need the troubles of Leaf.   

JTTJ
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=113340\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Really none of the above.

Early on I had reliability issues with the Aptus, but since replacement it has been solid.

I've learned a decent and fast workflow with V-8 and processing in pscs and now lightroom.

Most of the reason is I now shoot so much tethered with exact naming of images, we want to keep to one workflow and we are now quite comfortable and happy with C-1.

As far as back up right now with the P-30, the Aptus, two canons and a Nikon D2x I'm fairly well covered.

If and when I sell the Aptus, I will make a decision to add another back.

Honestly I'm somewhat torn about selling it.  I like the large frame size and have a lot of history with Leaf (some good, some very challenging) but overall I know and understand the Aptus file well and have learned and developed my own workflow and produced work I'm proud of with the back.

Obviously with software Leaf is in a slump, but things can and do change in the digital world quickly and I thought about keeping it for the upgrade possiblities alone.

You know, to some photographers and obviously to the dealers and reps there is an almost overzealous amount of brand loyalty to the point it can cloud everyone's judgement.

All I really care about is the photograph and of course the billing, but the very first thing is the photograph.

JR
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up