Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Images size for projection--Cross posted  (Read 2260 times)

mdijb

• mdiimaging.com
Images size for projection--Cross posted
« on: April 16, 2007, 04:43:19 pm »

I have a group of images I wish to project in a slide show.  What size should they be in inches?

What resolution is best?  Should the images be chnged to jpeg's from my usual psd files?

Thanks for any help or direction to sources of information.

MDIJB
mdiimaging.com

alangubbay

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2007, 01:03:09 pm »

I have a group of images I wish to project in a slide show.  What size should they be in inches?

What resolution is best?  Should the images be chnged to jpeg's from my usual psd files?

Thanks for any help or direction to sources of information.

MDIJB
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112718\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Presumably your images are digital files and you intend to project using a data projector.  The highest resolution of these projectors is XGA - viz. 1024 pixels wide and 768 pixels high.  There is no advantage in trying to use image sizes larger than this.  The computer or projector will simply scale them down and they will take longer to open. One usually uses a laptop computer to conect and you can use any format (usually j.peg or tiff) that your computer will deal with.

AJSJones

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 10:07:50 pm »

Presumably your images are digital files and you intend to project using a data projector.  The highest resolution of these projectors is XGA - viz. 1024 pixels wide and 768 pixels high.  There is no advantage in trying to use image sizes larger than this.  The computer or projector will simply scale them down and they will take longer to open. One usually uses a laptop computer to conect and you can use any format (usually j.peg or tiff) that your computer will deal with.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

2MP will soon overtake XGA  
[a href=\"http://www.projectorcentral.com/news_story_1012.htm]Epson[/url]Epson keeps going with the 1080p tide
3chip LCD FRONT PROJECTOR
Lots of lens shift range
1920x1080
1200 lumens
12 lb
$2999
Pages: [1]   Go Up