Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blackpoint PSCS2/3 muted compared to Lightroom  (Read 1936 times)

jschone

Blackpoint PSCS2/3 muted compared to Lightroom
« on: April 16, 2007, 03:03:58 pm »

Hi,

When I open the same image in Lightroom and Photoshop, the Lightroom image seems to have slightly stronger blacks. The blacks in Photoshop look more muted. Not sure what is going on here. Some info:

-Image is in ProPhotoRGB
-Photoshop rgb color space is ProPhotoRGB.
-The colors of the images match, saturation is more or less equal (although the more muted black point gives the Photoshop image less "pop")
-Also tried opening from Lightroom --> external editor (with lightroom adjustments) and also as a copy. Tried .Nef, . CR2, .tiff and .psd

Went through all Photoshop color settings again. Everything seems to be ok. Deleted the preferences file but no change.
Tomorrow, I will check in the studio if I have the same problem there, but I believe everything is fine there.

Jochem

timhurst

• Tim Hurst Photography
Blackpoint PSCS2/3 muted compared to Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 08:07:49 am »

I see the same thing with my setup. In LR the blacks look quite crushed compared to viewing the conversions in PS. I'm suspicious that it is the way LR is rendering the image to screen (as opposed to rendering for output) but I have been unable to get much feedback from anyone about it. A bod on the Adobe forums suggested using a matrix profile instead of a lut based one but that made no difference. It may me worth checking if the same thing happens in camera raw in PS CS3 if you have a copy, as it uses the same rendering software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up