Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Darker prints from LR  (Read 2202 times)

geoffmead

Darker prints from LR
« on: April 16, 2007, 01:29:39 pm »

I like the Library and Develop modules a lot, but printing seems to be useless  
I use the same settings as in PS i.e custom icc printer profile, let LR/PS control color, no printer color control (The settings I have used successfully for years!). But LR prints a lot darker - Darker than the same image opened in PS7 and unmodified except for resizing, and darker than the image LR shows on my calibrated monitor.
Has anyone else had this problem??

Geoff

mikealex

• http://www.pbase.com/mikealex
Darker prints from LR
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 06:15:26 pm »

What make/model of printer are you using?

I had that problem at first, on my Canon i9900. It turned out, all I needed to do was set the print type to "none" in the printer driver. Now the prints come out as closely matched to my calibrated monitor as I can expect them to be without softproofing.
...Mike

Henry Goh

Darker prints from LR
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 03:05:52 am »

YES! I am glad someone else has seen the same thing. I have been printing on an Epson 2400 for the past year, and using the EXACT same settings in LR as I use in PS2 the LR prints are darker and the color is not the same. I have no idea why and have stopped printing out of LR for that reason. I have tried many times to see if I am doing something wrong and each time with the same PS2 printer settings I get burned in LR.

I love what I can do with a file in LR but there are some gremlins in the closet right now making my experience ho-hum.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112782\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've not printed directly from LR but my images exported to PS CS3 are definitely darker when they show up in PS than they appear in LR.  My monitors are calibrated regularly.

I wonder why?

Henry
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 03:06:29 am by Henry Goh »
Pages: [1]   Go Up