Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone know of a good source for ipf5000 inks?  (Read 2895 times)

Dan Wells

Anyone know of a good source for ipf5000 inks?
« on: April 14, 2007, 11:54:56 pm »

Does anyone know where to get the ipf ink carts for less than $75 each? All the big guys seem to have them for the same price ($74.99)! Usually, we see some price competition on a consumable item like this! Epson cartridges always varied by 10-15%...

-Dan

Alaska

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 02:17:05 am »

Same thing that I found.  The price may not vary much as there is perhaps very little mark up on the product.  Looks like one incentive would be to see if any of the firms will  include free shipping.  

I like to deal with Jim at Shades of Paper.  Ask what their shipping policy is.  If you are interested in a full ink set then you may have some additional bargaining room.  However, with the Canon ink policy as is, it is better to just purchase as needed.

Noticed that PM, GY and PGY were the first to go.

Jim

Charles Gast

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 08:33:36 am »

itsupplies.com has them for $61.99 ea.

Alaska

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 07:46:16 pm »

itsupplies.com has them for $61.99 ea.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=112483\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Charles:

Do you have the URL of itsupplies as I may not have the correct firm.  Went to IT Supplies and they have the ipf5000 carts listed as $71.00 each.  Your $62 each is a great price but can not locate that item.  Perhaps it was for cart other than the one for the ipf5000.

Jim

chris anderson

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 07:59:33 pm »

call me at work in the morning, i will see what i can get them to you for,
             Chris in Texas
                 888-458-3908

Dan Wells

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 08:17:32 pm »

I had the same issue with IT Supplies - the cartridges show up as $71 each, not $62. Even at $71, IT Supplies (assuming the shipping is reasonable) is the cheapest I've seen as a current price. Hunt's used to sell these in the high 60s (something like $67, if memory serves), and that was the cheapest I'd found, but they're now up to $75 both in store and on the web.
     Canon is doing a heck of a job controlling pricing on these, maybe even fixing prices. If they're just squeezing their dealers, that's legal (set a low margin), but if they're saying "you can't sell these below $75" and enforcing it, that's NOT! They CAN say "you can't advertise below $75 or we'll take some of your marketing money away" - that's why B+H has all those "add to cart for lower price" buttons all over the place, but they can't actually prevent people from selling lower. Most camera stuff has a spread of 20% or more between high and low prices, while Canon's managed 3% here...
       Chris - I'll give you a call - hope you can beat IT Supplies...

-Dan

chris anderson

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 08:20:54 pm »

i will do my best for ya, I have a few distbutors through work I can order through, I will call in the morning and see if i can hook you up. if for some reason i am not there, leave me your number and I WILL call you back. I can get you really good prices on canon papers too,
                     C

jdoyle1713

• http://www.shadesofpaper.com
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 09:21:13 pm »

Same thing that I found.  The price may not vary much as there is perhaps very little mark up on the product.  Looks like one incentive would be to see if any of the firms will  include free shipping. 

I like to deal with Jim at Shades of Paper.  Ask what their shipping policy is.  If you are interested in a full ink set then you may have some additional bargaining room.  However, with the Canon ink policy as is, it is better to just purchase as needed.

Noticed that PM, GY and PGY were the first to go.

Jim
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hi Charlie

I see them Listed at 71.00 each Plus Shipping from IT Supplies.. Free Shipping if you buy over 75.00 worth on the site..Heck Maybe I should Call them at 61.00 each that is less than they cost meat 68.00 each.. Yea at cost it helps make quota..
but would love to here what the prices are out there..

Cheers
Jim Doyle
[a href=\"http://www.shadesofpaper.com]http://www.shadesofpaper.com[/url]
Jim Doyle
[url=http://www.shadesofpaper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up