Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Smokies-Townsend, TN - Lunch?  (Read 2603 times)

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
Great Smokies-Townsend, TN - Lunch?
« on: April 14, 2007, 04:28:06 pm »

Greetings,

If all goes well, I'm heading for the Great Smokies NP on Tuesday, April 17 and will be camping/shooting up there till Sunday noon.

Thought if others are headed up that way we should try to get together for lunch or dinner to introduce ourselves and share our common obsession with photography.

Crazy idea?

If not let's put it together over the next couple of days.

Jack Brady
http://www.shadowsdancing.com

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 03:56:43 pm »

Could be a near-miss. I'll be further north hiking in West Virginia Tuesday to Thursday, unless snow makes the roads impassable. I'll be in North Carolina Thursday & Frinday, and might be free to head west for a visit.

Very nice website, by the way. Your black & white images look great.

gehle

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 04:06:37 pm »

Jack,

I was in Cades Cove last week at to me it is still very early. Most trees were not leafed out...it looked very winter to me.

Ken Gehle

Geoff Wittig

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 06:38:38 pm »

Quite so!
I visited Spruce Knob/Seneca Rocks and Canaan Valley State Park in West Virginia today; Canaan Valley is still snow covered, and the road to the top of Spruce Knob is basically impassable due to snow. (Okay, maybe I'm a wuss, but six to ten inches of heavy wet snow and a winding switchback road about 12 feet wide with 500' drop-offs and no guard rails was too much for me.)

I spoke with a local resident who's also a gardener, and he noted that the hard freeze last week killed off a lot of the redbud blossoms. Certainly I saw only a handful, all right next to rivers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up